Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tea ceremony in Aizu 2017/1/30 06:48
Hello!
Ifve read about doing a tea ceremony in Aizu:
http://www.tsurugajo.com/language/eng/6.html

The thing is, Ifve only seen it mentioned on this page and canft seem to find anyone else who has written about it. I donft speak Japanese, I donft know if that will be a problem or not, and Ifm not travelling with anyone. I would like to do the tea ceremony, but do you think this would be the best place / conditions to do so?

Unfortunately this is the only place Ifve found that offers it in the places Ifm going to. If anyone knows of any other place (Matsushima, Hiraizumi, Sendai, Sakata, Dewa Sanzan, Yamagata and a few smaller nearby places) then I would love to hear about them to be able to compare and choose.
Thank you very much.
by Tohoku (guest)  

Re: Tea ceremony in Aizu 2017/2/1 06:24
Given they have a pretty extensive page in English, you're probably not going to find a better place in terms of catering to foreigners. While not being able to speak Japanese might be a minor impediment, I wouldn't let that stop you. Print out the detailed instructions they give you as a crib sheet, and just follow the lead of others.
by gfoulk rate this post as useful

reply to this thread