Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo wide pass 2017/2/1 23:48
Hi all,

I'm currently planning my first trip to Japan and would like to seek advice if my following route is covered by Tokyo Wide Pass.

Day 1: Narita Airport to Akihabra

Akihabara (Jr Yamanote Line) -Tokyo (Ltd Exp Odoriko) -Kawazu OR
Akihabra (JR Keihin-Tohoku/Negishi Line Local ) -Tokyo (Shinkansen Kodama) - Atami (Ltd Exp Odoriko) - Kawazu

Day 2: Akihabra (JR Yamanote Line) - Ueno (Shinkasen Max Toki) -Takasaki (JR Agatsuma Line) -NAGANOHARAKUSATSUGUCHI
After which I will take bus to Kusatsu Onsen town which i know is not cover by Tokyo wide pass.

Day 3: Gala Yuzawa. I know it defintely cover but if i spend only half day at gala yuzawa, and want to go echigo yuzawa after that, is it covered too? Echigo Yuzawa is something like a small town right?

Thank you everyone for the help. Appreciate it
by KK (guest)  

Re: Tokyo wide pass 2017/2/2 11:55

echigo yuzawa after that, is it covered too?

I did a trip to Echigo Yuzawa using the same pass last year. Yes, it is covered.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361_06.html
by shinji (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo wide pass 2017/2/2 16:54
Tokaido Shinkansen(Kodama and) is Not JR-East(Higashi-Nihon in JP) train
managed by JR-Central(Tokai in JP) as different Railway company section Pass NOT covered.
Tokyo wide pass provider/saler is JR-East.
Izukyu and some other pass covered lines companies are JR-East's business partner thru trains operating.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Through_train

Open Pass web again with Google map.
by TLiG (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo wide pass 2017/2/2 19:33

Tokyo (Shinkansen Kodama) - Atami (Ltd Exp Odoriko) - Kawazu

Not Shinkansen. With Tokyo wide pass you can take The Super View Odoriko to the Izu peninsula from Tokyo station.

Re: Tokyo wide pass 2017/2/5 16:55
Thank all for the reply.

I will take ltd express to kawazu then.

How about the route to Kusatsu that is covered by tokyo wide pass? Is my current route covered?

Thank you
by KK (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo wide pass 2017/2/5 17:32

If I were you I would take the The Super View Odoriko, which is a beautiful and comfortable train. It stops at Kawazu station.

Yes, you can take the JR trains as far as Naganohara-Kusatsuguchi station, but the connecting bus to Kusatsu is not free with your pass.

Re: Tokyo wide pass 2017/2/5 17:51
Thank you for your reply Shinji.

Super view odoriko timing seem late, earliest could reach Kawazu at around 1pm.

I think i will take Ltd Express early to kawazu and travel back to tokyo using Super View Odoriko?

Re: Tokyo wide pass 2017/2/5 17:57
What do you think if I take the 16.16 superview Odoriko to Yokohama?

Reach around 1823 and could explore abit of yokohama before heading back to tokyo

Re: Tokyo wide pass 2017/2/5 19:49

That would be a good idea. However, owing to a very limited time in Yokohama, knowing what you want to see and visit in advance would be a wise move.

reply to this thread