Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hokodate Golden Week 2017/2/3 01:51
Hi I will be arriving Chitose Airport on May 5. The flight arrival time is 130pm. I will need to reach Hakodate on the same day. I know this is during the Golden week, will it be difficult to get a ticket on JR train to Hakodate?
Is it better to drive instead? But will there be any traffic jam?
Furthermore my hotel at Hokodate does not provide parking. I am worried that I will have problem finding car park lot at Hakodate? Is the parking rate at Hakodate very expensive - calculate by per time spent or there is flat fee?
Thank you
by Jean (guest)  

Re: Hokodate Golden Week 2017/2/5 00:16
Or, why not fly between CTS and HKD (Hakodate Airport)? You can also fly directly to HKD from HND/NRT.

I haven't been there but would like to visit the place. I am not really sure if Hokkaido will be busy as well but as mentioned in other website (TA), it will. So, the general peaks are usually on May 3 and 6. Your travel is Friday which is expected to gain momentum for the bulk of people to go back in cities. May 6 is Saturday.

There was a topic here http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+108007 and the question regarding driving between Sapporo and Hakodate during Golden Week was not even answered.
by stikiting rate this post as useful

Re: Hokodate Golden Week 2017/2/5 23:03
Thank you stikiting. I have a check of the flight from Chitose to Hakodate Airport and noted that there is only one flight at 330pm, which is only 2 hours from my estimated arrival at Chitose airport. Can I make it to that flight?
Thank you
by Jean (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hokodate Golden Week 2017/2/5 23:28
As far as I picked up here in the forum, you can be as close as 30 minutes to check in for the domestic flight (except in Narita or Haneda).

Since CTS-HKD is ANA, check here https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/japan/e/local/domestic/prepare/checkin/trans... for more information. As mentioned in the link, you can have at least 20 minutes to check in.
by stikiting rate this post as useful

Re: Hokodate Golden Week 2017/2/7 08:41
Thank you stiking. I have booked the flight from cts to hkd.
by jean (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread