Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan (Nagoya) University Interview 2017/2/10 04:53
Hi everyone,

I'm applying to an undergraduate Chemistry program in Nagoya University (G30, taught in English) and was invited for a Skype interview next month. I was wondering if there is anyone who have experience with Japan University interview in general and more specifically, NU. Like what kind of questions will they ask and what do they expect from you? I read somewhere that mostly technical questions will be asked so I'm a bit worried. Has anyone went through a science-related program interview? Please share some experiences you guys have with Japan University interview so I can feel less nervous.

Thanks a lot in advance.
by Allen (guest)  

Re: Japan (Nagoya) University Interview 2017/2/10 17:10
Interview on Skype? Really?
Sorry, I am not asnwering to your question, but I wonder if they really do interview on skype.
Please be advised that there are scammers who try to contact you, pretending you to be a college staff, professor, or agent.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan (Nagoya) University Interview 2017/2/10 17:42
Yup, it's Skype interview. I thought it has been pretty common for Japan Uni to interview via Skype nowadays. And thanks for the advice! Since I have the date and time given by the uni, I will only accept contact from strangers then.
by Allen (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan (Nagoya) University Interview 2017/2/10 23:23
.(guest)

I work on the international program for a different national university. We do all our interviews by skype, and have for many years.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

Re: Japan (Nagoya) University Interview 2017/2/11 13:19
In my case, I was called to Japan embassy in my country and asked about what I studied at previous uni (I studied abroad in another country) . It is more than 4 years ago though. To get updated info and avoid wrong answer by troll, you had better ask agnet (free). https://www.facebook.com/studyinjapansupport/?fref=nf
by Carlos (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan (Nagoya) University Interview 2017/2/11 21:32
Thanks a lot Carlos! I will try to send them an email.

Re: Japan (Nagoya) University Interview 2017/2/16 20:24
Hi, I also I applied to Nagoya University and passed the document screening. If it is ordinary Japanese university's interview, I think they will just ask about the purposes of the application, what you want to do in the university, and what is your goal. The interviewer wants to check that the applicants are actually considering the same thing as they stated in the essay or not.....

But it's just my guess. There might be a specific question about the topic like other countries.

Anyways, hope we both get in and see you at the campus.
by Nicholas (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan (Nagoya) University Interview 2017/2/23 23:46
/allen/nicholas

sorry this is out of the subject. but im a high school student who wants to apply for nagoya next year. i was wondering if 2100 on sat, 2190 on sat subject(mc2,physics,chem) and 110 on toefl is enough to get in the first stage. oh and the reason im so worried is because my gpa is only 3.1... and it just makes me really nervous. if its not too personal could i get to know your gpas?
by pokds (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan (Nagoya) University Interview 2017/2/26 05:10
Hi pokds,

I'm sorry I can't answer your question as I'm applying with an International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma, I know nothing about US GPA. I managed to get through the 1st round and I don't have a single SAT or TOELF score. My IB score is 38/45 if you wanna know XD

Personally, I don't think your GPA really matter if you have high SAT score. The requirements are different for each major so I would recommend you to take a look at this if you haven't already.
http://admissions.g30.nagoya-u.ac.jp/upload/d_news/files/Standardizedt...

Re: Japan (Nagoya) University Interview 2017/3/4 15:46
Hey Allen, my name is Jae and I am now waiting for the second round results for the Automotive engineering course (undergraduate). I got a 36/45 for the predicted scores and 107 for the TOEFL IBT scores. I am so nervous because no one in my school is applying or has applied for Nagoya G30 program. Did any of your friends got accepted with the predicted scores like mine? I am from an international school in Shanghai btw.
by Jae (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan (Nagoya) University Interview 2017/3/4 16:55
Hi Jae,

Did you check the link I posted above? It contains the average scores for standardized tests of people who got accepted in NU in each program last year. Sadly though, I'm the only one who apply to a Japan University in my school so I can't help you either. But I think a 36 predictes IB score is good enough.

P/S: My interview is coming real soon and I think I'm so screwed :'(

Re: Japan (Nagoya) University Interview 2017/3/6 01:38
Hey allen, I also applied for NUchemistry. Would you mind telling me what academic qualifications have you uploaded? Like TOEFL,IELTS and your GPA? I have no idea how many students get accepted so I am worried now. And also how was your interview? Did they ask anything related to chemistry or just about your application?
by Lah (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan (Nagoya) University Interview 2017/4/5 17:36
Hi. I am also applying for the second round of G30 international programme, Biological Science and i have passed the 1st round screening. I will have an interview two weeks later, and i'm quite concerned what are the questions will be asked. I just know the interviewer will ask academic questions, but i want to know how hard the questions are. Allen, who has went for interview that time, can you share me how's your interview? Other than academic questions, what are the other questions that were asked?
by Jiasian rate this post as useful

reply to this thread