Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone stay in Miyanoshita bad for Free Pass? 2017/2/12 12:36
Hello,
as part of our 3 week trip to Japan, we have planned 2 full days/ 3 nights in Hakone area. I have read mixed reviews on the area in general.

Currently our accommodation is booked not in Hakone itself but Miyanoshita. We plan to do the Round Course and making use of the Hakone 3 day free pass.

Given that this is already a little way along the loop circuit, are we going to be wasting a day of the pass by staying here rather than Hakone itself?
(As we would need to use a bit of the pass to get to Miyanshita for the first night which would be late.), and will is lessen the experience of the Tozan railway somehow having to break it up?

Thanks
by tubularCubes  

Re: Hakone stay in Miyanoshita bad for Free Pass? 2017/2/12 13:51
Miyanoshita is in Hakone.

If you are worried about breaking up the Hakone Railway. Go to the bottom and start again.

I think you are just over thinking it. You are on the round course. Enjoy it.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone stay in Miyanoshita bad for Free Pass? 2017/2/13 14:05
Hakone is the general name for a number of beautiful places that travelers may think are independent locations. Within Hakone are the well known spots of...Yumoto, Miyanoshita, Gora, Owakudani, Lake Ashi, Sengokuhara and more.
Your stay in Miyanoshita will put you in the center of Hakone. Taking the lovely train ride up the mountain and staying in Miyanoshita will not "break up" your experience. You will get great value from your ticket. If you have more specific questions, Hakone has a great chatbot on their English Facebook page that answers and helps out pretty well https://www.facebook.com/HakoneTravel/
by Momokintaro (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone stay in Miyanoshita bad for Free Pass? 2017/2/19 15:54
Hi, thanks for your replies! Yes I tend to over-think things sometimes. I will also checkout that other info page you mentioned.

Thanks again.
by tubularCubes rate this post as useful

reply to this thread