Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hirosaki sakura still blooming on may 5th? 2017/2/14 11:14
Will be arriving to Tokyo on May 3rd. Sadly cherry blossoms will be over on central Honshu. Was planning on visiting the last of Hirosaki Cherry Blossom Festival which ends on may 6th, but I was wondering if it is really worth the 5 hr trip /2 day stay, because I will only be visiting Japan for 18 days and there seems to be a lot of places worth visiting. I was really looking forward to seeing cherry blossoms, if there still are any cherry blossoms for that date i wonLt regret the time lost, but if i will arrive only to see that all cherry trees have lost their bloom, will be very disappointed for losing the time that I could have spent in other places.
Would be very grateful for your advice.
by Liz Lara (guest)  

Re: Hirosaki sakura still blooming on may 5th? 2017/2/14 13:37

I was there last year the end of April, and the peak was voluntarily over.
Early May could be too late, again every year is different. It pays to monitor before visiting.
by * (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hirosaki sakura still blooming on may 5th? 2017/2/14 14:01
It's pretty late but probably there will be something to see. I wouldn't necessarily go there just for the blossoms though. Though the keep is in an unusual place because of the renovations, Hirosaki Castle has some of the finest castle grounds in the country. You can also get a taste of Tohoku if you've never been to the region before. Personally I only think its worth it if you're interested in other things like that as well.
by Harimogura (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hirosaki sakura still blooming on may 5th? 2017/2/14 14:09
The forecast for this year is Apr28 to May6 for the "Best Viewing" period for Aomori area. (Hirosaki should be one of those)
by ep (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hirosaki sakura still blooming on may 5th? 2017/2/14 14:12
That late in the season you would be better off going to Sapporo for cherry blossoms.
by curious (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread