Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto and Nara Day Trip 2017/2/15 18:20
Hi,
I will be planning a trip to Tokyo in Mar , from Tokyo i plan to go Kyoto and Nara Deer Park in a day , is that possible ?

by MAG (guest)  

Re: Kyoto and Nara Day Trip 2017/2/15 19:13
In a day ? It all depends on what do you expect to see ?
Just for train from Tokyo to Kyoto to Nara and return is about 7-8 hours total. So what do you wish to see even you put in 12-15 hours on that day ? (For Nara if just to rush it 2-3 hour is OK) (For Kyoto hard to said as it depends on the interest of individual and the time of the year, it is likely for 1-2 full days)
by pts (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto and Nara Day Trip 2017/2/15 19:45
Sure... you can see London, New York or Paris in a day!...but really, what would you see???..... I visit Kyoto and Nara every November for 'Aki no koyo' (Autumn Colors) and have been doing so for the past five years and I still find new and interesting places to explore every visit!...I suggest you re-think your trip and spend more time in one place and explore and enjoy that 'place' thoroughly.
by Barrieaw rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto and Nara Day Trip 2017/2/16 08:30
Kyoto in a day - do-able. I've planned one of those for a group before.

Adding in the extra two hours to/from Nara makes it much less attractive, but you could do Nara as a (long) day trip from Tokyo.

Both Kyoto and Nara - only if you don't actually want to see anything.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto and Nara Day Trip 2017/2/16 16:28
Nara is doable in half a day but Kyoto needs a minimum of 2 days to do it properly.
by ami (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto and Nara Day Trip 2017/2/16 17:20
Kyoto; two days minimum is pretty standard basic trip advice from most travel writers and those who have visited. I prefer to split the days up so each visit is like the wonderful new adventure that Kyoto is. spend both days exploring around Kyoto and you may be able to get from six to eight of the "biggies" in with enough time to enjoy them. Save Nara and peripheral areas such as Arashiyama and Uji for another time when you can enjoy these areas along with Nara. And for a great evening in Kyoto, take in the Gion Corner Japanese culture sampler show or ,if you're lucky, one of the Geisha dance programs during April. Consider one night's hotel or ryokan in Kyoto to minimize train time and maximize your visiting.
by johnnyman (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread