Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Start personal business with Engineer visa? 2017/2/17 21:23
Hi, I'm currently employed in Japan with an engineer visa.

I'm considering to resign from my current company to start my own freelancing business, but I wonder if that would have any impact on my visa status?
by AS (guest)  

Re: Start personal business with Engineer visa? 2017/2/18 10:11
You would almost certainly need to change visa. Business investor would probably be the right one. You'll need a lot of money to do it though - you need to prove you can capitalize your business.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

Re: Start personal business with Engineer visa? 2017/2/18 10:20
Google is your friend, there are plenty of resources about this...
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Start personal business with Engineer visa? 2017/2/18 14:53
"Enginner" resident status doesn't cover freelance work without a regular employer acting as the sponsor.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Start personal business with Engineer visa? 2017/2/22 10:48
You can do it. Now problem. You need to change the visa status to busineess. How long you have been in japan. I was also on engineer visa and wanted to do same. Now Japan will offer visa to business category very easily . If you start a corporation company, you can get visa easily
by Sun (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Start personal business with Engineer visa? 2017/2/23 09:57
Yes, it takes money and a change in status. For freelance you need to prove you have sufficient contracts/income. Google turns up some good results.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread