Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR Pass or bus/air flight? 2017/2/18 14:28
Hi, i would greatly appreciate if anyone can help & advise me for transportation for my 9d8n in Japan
4/4 i will arrive at 8 or 9am at Kansai airport and i already book a guest house at takayama (if i use JR Pass how frequent is the train & if i use bus, will i save on the cost?)
5/4 From takayama i will go to shirakama and kanazawa by bus and will take train (or bus?) to Tokyo
6/4 Tokyo - any suggestion if i never buy JR Pass, what Pass should i buy to travel around Tokyo (i am very confused if JR pass will be enough to travel around Tokyo)
7/4 Tokyo
8/4 Mt Fuji ( Shizuoka) if i buy JR Pass i am planning to go to Osaka / Kyoto today since it is half way already
9/4 if i don't have JR Pass i might take air flight to Kyoto
10/4 Kyoto
11/4 kyoto - Kobe
12/4 Flying back to my country at 11am
by Rita (guest)  

Re: JR Pass or bus/air flight? 2017/2/18 16:00
You will be arriving in KIX and what about your outbound airport? You could have flown first to HND then go westwards until you fly out of KIX if Tokyo is priority. I will assume that your inbound and outbound flights are via KIX.

If Tokyo is a must on your trip, then airplane to HND or NRT will do as you land in KIX.

Perhaps, you can drop Tokyo and concentrate travelling in Kansai and Chubu regions. If that is too much, will you not have any plan to go back to Japan in which you can prioritize Kanto region?

Japan Guide has elaborated the connections for Tokyo to Mt. Fuji, Mt. Fuji to Takayama, Takayama to Osaka and Osaka/Kyoto/Kobe travels. Given your itinerary, Japan Guide also has elaborated the connections for Osaka to Takayama, Takayama to Mt. Fuji, Mt. Fuji to Tokyo, Tokyo to Osaka/Kyoto/Kobe and going to KIX.

Use Hyperdia or Jorudan or even Google to check all the travel connections and schedules that are not shown here in Japan Guide.
by stikiting rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass or bus/air flight? 2017/2/18 16:31
- Takayama to Shirakawa-go (I assume) & Kanazawa, then onto Tokyo in one day?
- For traveling "in and around" Tokyo, no pass is needed; use prepaid IC card for convenience.
- Kyoto does not have an airport, so you'd end up flying into either Nagoya or to Itami (Osaka). I believe JR Shinkansen train would be more convenient.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass or bus/air flight? 2017/2/19 06:45
7 day jr pass for first 7 days.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass or bus/air flight? 2017/2/27 02:17
Yes, I will be flying to and from KIX. I know i made a wrong decision when i booked the air ticket T.T
Anyway, after i made some research by using hyperdia, i decided to buy 7 days JR Pass, i think it will be more convenient..
Of course air flight will be much cheaper if i just plan to travel from Osaka - Tokyo - Osaka, but since i will go to Takayama and Mt.Fuji, JR Pass might be the better choice for me..
Thanks for all the replies, it help me make up my mind 😄
by Rita (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread