Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is it possible to reach this place? 2017/2/21 20:09
Is there any possibility to reach this place with public transport from any bigger city near?
https://www.google.com/maps/place/...

It seems it has no trainstation and also hyperdia fails to find the city.

Thank you in advance.
by Glimpigumpi  

Re: Is it possible to reach this place? 2017/2/22 10:19
Buses from kagoshima for the Satsuma area
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is it possible to reach this place? 2017/2/22 10:37
You can reach there from Kagoshima city.
See this page, Kagoshima Kotsu Bus Company.
http://makurazaki-s-hotel.jp/basujikoku.html

The two timetables on the top are for Kagoshima-Makurazaki line. You take one of these buses.
The right timetable is for the buses from Kinsei-cho (in front of the Yamakataya department store, in Tenmonkan, Kagoshima) to Makurazaki. And the left one is for the return buses to Kagoshima city.

金生町 Kinsei-cho 
鹿児島中央駅 Kagoshima Chuo Eki (station)
川辺高校 Kawanabe Koko (High school)
川辺 Kawanabe 
枕崎 Makurazaki

特急 Tokkyu (express)
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is it possible to reach this place? 2017/2/22 10:55
Here's what I found regarding bus service to the area (the links are probably going to be next to useless for you if you can't decipher Japanese though.)

Wiki page of the Himawarai Bus, operated by the Minamikyushuu City: https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/ひまわりバス_(南九州市)

Here's the nightmare of a route map: http://www.city.minamikyushu.lg.jp/parts/bus_img/bus_route.pdf

Per the wiki, the Community Center Kawanabe Bunkakaikan (コミュニティセンター 川辺文化会館,) which is right next door to the Fureai Center, is the terminus of one of the routes. It's the thick blue line on the route map, and starts at the Minamikyushuu City Branch Office (南九州市役所 頴娃庁舎) which is near the JR Nishi-Ei Station (西頴娃駅) on the Ibusuki Makurazaki Line. The bus runs 4 times a day except on Sunday.

Granted, that's kinda a long way around. Maybe there's a shorter route from around Goino Station. But given that it doesn't require any transfers, and it goes from terminus to terminus, that's probably going to be your best bet with the least potential for getting lost.

You could, of course, just take a taxi from Goino Station. 25 min according to Google. It won't be cheap, but at least it'll be quick and easy.
by gfoulk rate this post as useful

Re: Is it possible to reach this place? 2017/2/22 12:47
http://www.city.minamikyushu.lg.jp/contents/file/20120711101121.pdf

Basically this is the same timetable as ...(guest) has posted. The station names are already shown by ...(guest). There are 4 express buses and 7 normal buses a day, one way. I am afraid you can find assistance in English, so you should prepare something (I am a Japanese living in Kagoshima).

Print out these three phrases and show them to people around. They will help you happily.

1. 川辺に行くバスに乗りたいです。
(I want to take a bus going to Kawanabe.)

Show this at Yamagataya bus center or at Kagoshima-chuo station bus stop. There should be "information". At the bus stop, show it again to people around.

2. ふれあいセンターわくわく川辺の近くで降りたいです。そこについたら教えてください。
(I want to get off at a bus stop close to "Fureai-Center Wakuwaku Kawanabe". Please tell me when the bus stops there.)

Show this to the bus driver, and then the people around you (on the bus).

3. ふれあいセンターわくわく川辺はどちらの方向ですか?
(Could you please tell me the direction to "Fureai-Center Wakuwaku Kawanabe"?

Show this after getting off the bus if you are not sure for the direction. Kawanabe is a rural town and most people will think there are nothing interesting, but personally I like Kawanabe. You will see the typical rural town in Japan. You will be a very rare tourist there, so people will welcome you.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Is it possible to reach this place? 2017/2/22 14:49
It seems it has no trainstation and also hyperdia fails to find the city.

Hyperdia only knows station names.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Is it possible to reach this place? 2017/2/22 17:27
thank you everyone for your help and sorry for the time it took you!
greatly appreciated!
by Glimpigumpi rate this post as useful

Re: Is it possible to reach this place? 2017/2/22 19:19
@frog1954:
since you know this town, i actually will travel here for the onsen in the south of the town (川辺温泉). do you know it?

it looks very unique. since i am a big onsen fan (and hate onsens with many tourists like me, hehe), i thought the efforts will be worth it. if you know it, do you agree or do you think it is not worth the trouble?
by Glimpigumpi rate this post as useful

Re: Is it possible to reach this place? 2017/2/22 21:32
the onsen in the south of the town (川辺温泉). do you know it?

Sorry, I don't know it. But as I googled, it opens in 1981, and has quite unique bathhouse built by the owner.

it looks very unique.

Yes, absolutely :).

since i am a big onsen fan (and hate onsens with many tourists like me, hehe),

Well, I think foreigners are very rare even in the town center of Kawanabe.

i thought the efforts will be worth it. if you know it, do you agree or do you think it is not worth the trouble?

Though I have seen it only on the net, yes, it will be worth it if you are a onsen fan. The place is, I think, about 1 km from the bus stop.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread