Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Fuji Shibazakura festival with JR pass 2017/2/22 08:04
Hi there,
Can someone please tell us how to get to the Fuji Shibazakura festival with JR pass? We can either depart from Shinjuku or Tokyo station. From what I read in the forum, we need to take a train to Kawaguchiko, then a bus to the festival site. Is this correct? Can we use the JR pass for the bus from Kawaguchiko to the site?

I also found another post that said to take a train to Shin-Fuji, but when I search in Hyperdia, it showed 2 different Shin-Fuji stations. I am confused. Please help.

We want an easy way to get to the festival site with the JR pass in mid April 2017. I am greatly appreciate any information you can provide. Thank you.
by GAMSJ  

Re: Fuji Shibazakura festival with JR pass 2017/2/22 10:50
The JR Pass only gets you to Otsuki. You'll have to pay extra from there: train to Kawaguchiko and bus from the station to the grounds. I did that last May, but I had the Tokyo Wide Pass which took me to Kawaguchiko station. I bought the 2000yen pass for the bus and entrance fee for the festival right there waiting for the bus. It was a 30 minute wait and almost 2 hours for the bus trip there, though it was Golden Week.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Fuji Shibazakura festival with JR pass 2017/2/22 10:55

we need to take a train to Kawaguchiko, then a bus to the festival site. Is this correct?
Correct

Can we use the JR pass for the bus from Kawaguchiko to the site?
No
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fuji Shibazakura festival with JR pass 2017/2/22 12:56
I want go there too this may.
From what i searched, there is a direct bus from shinjuku station to the site and will take 2 hours 25 minutes...Yen 2200 per way, but they still not publish the schedule for 2017.

http://bus.fujikyu.co.jp/highway/detail/id/1

is there anyone here ever take this bus?

thanks
by John (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fuji Shibazakura festival with JR pass 2017/2/22 14:06

I would have taken this bus last May if I had not bought the Tokyo wide pass.

The timetable is here:
http://bus.fujikyu.co.jp/highway/detail/id/1

by shinji (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fuji Shibazakura festival with JR pass 2017/2/22 15:26
Believe t=with JR pass you can take Shinkansen from Shinagawa to SHIN-FUJI(SHIZUOKA) and take a bus with two way+ entry fee at 2420 from Shin-Fuji to the festival site.

Bus leave Shin-Fuji at 7:15 9:45 10:45 etc
Bus leave festival site at 13:30 15:00 15:30 etc

(9:45 - 11:00) from Shin-Fuji to Fuji Shibazakura venue
Hope the above help
by ep (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fuji Shibazakura festival with JR pass 2017/2/23 00:52
There are two JR trains that depart from Shinjuku station, and go to Kawaguchiko Station on the weekends only. You can use your JR Pass to ride these trains, but, there is probably going to be a surcharge. When JR trains use private tracks, there is usually a private line use surcharge that is built into the price of the tickets. You will probably have to pay the Conductor the surcharge.

This Saturday (February 25th):

The Mount Fuji Holiday Rapid service departs at 8:14 AM.
The Narita Express departs at 10:47

Use Hyperdia to figure out the return times.

If you are near Tokyo, there is also the Moss Phlox fields in Chichibu, if you feel like going there.

Good Luck, in planning your trip.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: Fuji Shibazakura festival with JR pass 2017/2/23 01:11
Thank you very much everyone for the information. It is very helpful.

Best,
by gamsj (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fuji Shibazakura festival with JR pass 2017/3/12 20:15
Hi,

According to the timetable in the attached link (http://www.shibazakura.jp/liner/), it appears that the bus that costs 2420 departing from Shin Fuji station only operates on Saturday, Sunday and holidays only. Are there any buses leaving shin Fuji during weekdays?

Also, while we are at the festival, can we take public transport to visit nearby tourist sites?

Thank you
by Jen (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread