Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Reapply for CoE 2017/2/23 20:16
Hi there! I want to ask you guys something, maybe you can help me.

I was supposed to arrive in Japan this April and start studying at a language school. I applied through Go Go Nihon, everything went well. But as the date came closer, I realized I won't be able to finish some things in time in my country. I asked them if it's ok to use the same CoE and start studying in the second semester (a.k.a postpone for 3 months).

While theoretically it is possible, apparently it's too complicated and the school refused. Their response was to cancel the current application and apply again for this summer.

Now, here is my worry. I am very scared that I won't be granted a second CoE if cancelling like this. Not even sure how to explain my situation without the immigration misunderstanding. My biggest problem right now is that I have braces and the treatment is not over. I'm worried they'll misunderstand that I'm sick or something. I know very well that they don't want to deal with people who have medical problems, but in case, this won't pose any problems in the future. I just need time to have all the teeth straighten properly and then I can go.

How would you explain all this if you were me? What can I say to avoid any misunderstandings?

In the end, if I risk getting rejected the second time, I'd rather take the braces off now, even if it's a complete pity to not finish the treatment after wearing them for 3 years.

I am waiting for a response from Go Go Nihon as well, but I would also like to hear some opinions here. It seems like a very risky decision so I want to ask everywhere I can first. Thanks in advance!
by Cris (guest)  

Re: Reapply for CoE 2017/2/24 11:06
There is a risk you'll get rejected any time you make an application.

But if all the details in your life will be the same in 3 or 6 months time. Then I doubt you'll see an rejection.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Reapply for CoE 2017/2/24 11:43
I see no problem with just explaining the truth as it is - people do orthodontics treatment here too, it is known that it takes time, and unexpected things can happen.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Reapply for CoE 2017/2/24 17:09
you dont need to cancel your COE.. all you need is to get your visa come to japan . explain to then then deffer you admission and go back . i think some schools will accept. t
by chike20 rate this post as useful

Re: Reapply for CoE 2017/2/24 17:14
you need to pay your tuition fees .. before you talk about deffering you admission. if you reapply .. you may not get it again. school may lay a complain to immigration against you .
by chike20 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread