Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Lost items in Shinkansen 2017/2/24 21:48
Today (24/02/2017) I have lost an amazon kindle (eBook) and a Italian guide about Japan (Lonely Planet) in the Shinkansen Sakura 544 from Hiroshima to Shin-Osaka (last stop of the train) at 12:24. What do you suggest me to do? Is there a way to have back these two items?

Please help me :(
by Marco (guest)  

Re: Lost items in Shinkansen 2017/2/25 09:07
There are so many posts about this. You should use the search feature or Google it. Hint: You need to contact the lost and found at JR Central. You should to state the date/time and train number and starting point and ending point.
by MikeTI rate this post as useful

Re: Lost items in Shinkansen 2017/2/25 18:03
If they have it, and you are still going to be around in Japan in a while, they "might" be able to send it over to you c/o your hotel in Japan, so I recommend contacting lost & found of JR Central.

You will need the date & time of the train, your train car/seat number if you remember, description of the item(s) lost, etc.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Lost items in Shinkansen 2017/2/25 18:29
In other words, drop by at any JR station and ask for assistance about your "otoshimono (lost and found item)" on the Tokaido Shinkansen.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Lost items in Shinkansen 2017/2/25 21:10
Hey! Don't tell a lie.

Sakura is JR West and JR Kyushu's shinkansen car.
But that Sanyo shinkansen section management company is JR-West.
(train operator/conductor switched at management border station Hakata)
https://youtu.be/phplguHqo2Y
In this case No related JR-Central(managed Tokaido Shinkansen).
http://www.nippon.com/en/files/h00077en_map21.png

So call to JR-West lost & Found(customer center/centre) first.
https://www.jr-odekake.net/railroad/service/left.html
0570-00-2486 (6:00-23:00)
No need to call to JR Central.

Collected Lost items will move to near Police Station some days later.
Transportation companies stored only 5-7 days from found date usual.

@Marco
Where now?
Already asked to someone today? (if so, where? how?)
If you cannot call by myself or JR-West station close/not so far, go to nearest JR-West station(No Shinkansen track station possible).
by Aocl (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Lost items in Shinkansen 2017/2/25 21:14
Whoops! Sorry!

Re: Lost items in Shinkansen 2017/2/26 10:58
Well i hope your not going to be leaving Japan anytime soon or leave where you are staying anytime soon

Like everyone said, contact lost and found and give them with the information you gave us. They may tell you to please wait 3 days until the item is file into their lost and found. which mean the lost item will have to reach its final destination and get file.

Once the item is file they will tell you where the item is, meaning what station. They may conference call you in with that place, If they believe they have your lost item, they will ask you question about your lost item, all question is different depending on the person who ask. Once they conform the lost item is your, they will give you different option how you want to get your item back... your best bet, get on the train and go get it yourself, why because it will take a few days before you get it.

i lost a PDA and smartphone on Shinkansen and local train. Hope this help
by Kay (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Lost items in Shinkansen 2017/2/26 16:04
Go to Shin-Osaka station. Ask the staff to take you to lost and found.

JR Central and Tokaido shinkansen have nothing to do with this.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Lost items in Shinkansen 2017/2/27 00:56
No need back to Shin-Osaka station.
by Aocl (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Lost items in Shinkansen 2017/2/27 08:09
Hello,

We caught the 8:39am Shinkansen from Iiyama to Tokyo and sat in the reserved green section - a purple covered ipad has been left in one of the seat pockets. Can you please let me know if you have located it.

Many thanks,
Ursula
by Ursula Sujdovic (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Lost items in Shinkansen 2017/2/27 09:01
Ursula,
What date was it? Please contact Tokyo station's lost and found with all the details. That is where people turn in whatever items they find after everyone gets off the train.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Lost items in Shinkansen 2017/2/27 18:27
To Ursula,
Since you left your item in JR East territory, you can phone in English to JR East Infoline to claim your item. They are open every day from 9am to 6pm and their number is 050-2016-1603 if you're calling from Japan.

To Marco,
Here are more details about lost and found in JR West territory.
https://www.westjr.co.jp/global/en/howto/service_02.html#fqtop

reply to this thread