Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

1 day itinerary in Kyoto 2017/2/26 12:33
Hi we will be visiting Kyoto from Kobe via Shinkansen on June
We only have a day to explore it. I follow this itinerary from keihan railway (http://www.keihan.co.jp/travel/en/plan-your-trip/itinerary-ideas/best-...) and would like to know if it's possible. It's also our first time.
8:00 Arrive at Kyoto Station
9:15 Kinkaku-ji
10:30 Arashiyama
12:30 Nishiki Market
2:15 Kiyomizu
3:00 walk around ninen-zaka
5:15 Fushimi Inari Shrine
- travel time is also considered on the schedule
Thank you!
by ChunChun03  

Re: 1 day itinerary in Kyoto 2017/2/26 19:34
I think you're trying to pack in too much. While it'd be possible to hit all that in one day, you're going to be awfully rushed.

I'd whittle down the list to at most 4 locations. I believe Kiyomizu-dera is under restoration construction, so you might want to leave that until next time anyway.

If you must hit everything, you could expand your hours. Both Arashiyama and Fushimi Inari Jinja are open 24 hours, and in my opinion best enjoyed in the early morning and late evening (respectively) anyway. It'll be a crazy long and tiring day, but maybe that's right up your alley.
by gfoulk rate this post as useful

Re: 1 day itinerary in Kyoto 2017/2/26 19:43
Doubtful.

You need about 3-4 hours for Arashiyama to do the basics, monkent park, bridge, temple, bamboo grove.

Also about 3-4 hours to do Higashiyama and Kiyomizudera areas.

Also about 2-3 hours to do the bottom temple and mountain walk at Fushimi Inari.

And haven't added in the other locations of transport times between each location since they are on opposite sides of the city.

You can always delete things like the walk up the mountain at Fushimi Inari etc to save some time.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: 1 day itinerary in Kyoto 2017/2/27 11:59
Thank you for your suggestions. I decided that I will skip the kiyomizu and higashiyama area and enjoy more time on arashiyama.
This will be our itinerary:
Kinkaku-ji - Arashiyama - Nishiki - Fushimi Inari

Do you have any more suggestions to enjoy Kyoto in one day.
by ChunChun03 rate this post as useful

Re: 1 day itinerary in Kyoto 2017/2/27 12:41
also can we skip the Nishiki market or is there a similar place in Arashiyama ? Thank you. :)
by ChunChun03 rate this post as useful

Re: 1 day itinerary in Kyoto 2017/2/27 15:04
I would start in Arashiyama by JR train from Kyoto station.
Then if your budget allows get a taxi to Kinkakuji: much quicker, and about 2000Yen
Then bus #101,102, 204 or 205 to Kitaioji bus terminal, then subway to Shijo Karasuma stop.
Walk through Nishiki, and then get either #5 bus on Shijo dori, or walk to Shijo Keihan mae and get the Keihan line to Fushimi Inari (would be quicker)
and JR Back to Kyoto station
It will be a very rushed day.

https://randomwire.com/wp-content/uploads/kyoto-bus-map.pdf

is a helpful link to the Kyoto bus and train system.

Enjoy your day
by AusTF rate this post as useful

reply to this thread