Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

May 2018 Solo Traveler Itinerary Tip 2017/2/27 03:18
Hey everyone as mentioned in the name of the post i'm going to Japan next year in May as a solo traveler and i've developed most of itinerary already but i need some tips for the last day the plan is spend to 4 days in Tokyo ( 2 of which include day trips to Shinjuku, and Shibuya) .

Then make my way over to Osaka making stops and staying in Yokohama for 1 night, lake Kawaguchi for 1 night, Nagoya for 1 night, two days in Kyoto, nara for 1 night, and then two days in Osaka before getting on the Shinkansen to Tokyo Station. So i need think of what to do on that last day.

One idea i had was doing the Imperial Garden, and the exterior of the Imperial Palace since you can't go inside the buildings. But i'm not sure what to do after that for the mid or late afternoon-nightlife. Any ideas preferable nightlife not too far from Tokyo Station since i plan to get a hotel near Tokyo Station so i can get on the JR Narita Express to the airport the next day to leave back to America.

Here is a quick list of areas in Tokyo i'll have already visited:
Asakusa
Akihabara
Ghibli Museum
Nakano Broadway
Ikebukuro
Shinjuku
Shibuya
by Chris (guest)  

Re: May 2018 Solo Traveler Itinerary Tip 2017/2/27 11:30
Hi there,

I guess the main question is what sort of things you're interested in?I can't really get a good idea based on your itinerary as it currently stands.

You have 12 days away? I was in Japan last May for only 8 days, but also went from Kanto to Kansai and back. For me, 4 nights in Kyoto was not enough, but you may have very different interests.
by Guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: May 2018 Solo Traveler Itinerary Tip 2017/2/27 12:03
thank you for the reply, as far as my interests go im into animation below is my current itinerary for this last day i'm mainly looking for an area that i can do some last minute shopping and have a drink at a bar or izakaya basically a night out.

Day 1
Akihabara
Tokyo Skytree
Asakusa
Night walk by asakusa

Day 2
Ghibli Museum
Nakano Broadway
Pokemon Center Mega Tokyo
Tokyo Tower
Akihabara

Day 3
Shinjuku Gyoen
Tokyo Metropolitan
Cat Café Calico Shinjuku
Narukoten Shrine

Day 4
Hachiko
Q-Front
Pedestrian Crossing
Shibuya 109
Maidreamin
Beam (Mandarake)
Yoyogi Park
Center Gai

Day 5
Yamashita Park
Sankeien Garden
Cup Noodles Museum
Kirin Beer Village

Day 6
Kachi Kachi Ropeway
Mount Mitsutoge/Tenjo
Itchiku Kubota Art Museum (if there's time)

Day 7
Toyota Automobile Museum
Tokugawa Art Museum
Nagoya Castle
Sakae

Day 8
Manga Museum
Kyoto Tower
Kyoto Gyoen National Garden
Fushimi Inari Shrine

Day 9
Nijo Castle