Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mt. Fuji Package 2017/2/27 22:46
Hi All,
Is it really worth to take a package tour for Mount Fuji or we can visit and enjoy by our own ? The package trip is pretty expensive, I think 14000yen pp. so thinking of other options.

FYI, we are a family with a 3 years old child.

Any suggestion ?
by Mick1508  

Re: Mt. Fuji Package 2017/2/28 11:24
Yes you could do it yourself for less. But depends on what said package offers.

You can get highway buses to and from Kawaguchiko station for around 1700 yen each way. And a local bus pass while in the Five Lakes area for 2000 yen with covers most of the local buses you'll need.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Mt. Fuji Package 2017/2/28 12:32
Thanks for the reply.

The package includes a cruise tour plus a ropeway in addition to transportation.

But I just want to visit fifth station to see Mt. Fuji. As I will be with a child, not sure a full day tour will be ok or not.

by Mick1508 rate this post as useful

Re: Mt. Fuji Package 2017/2/28 14:49
so you need to add up all those things the tour includes and make a decision on what is best for what you wanna see.

Re: Mt. Fuji Package 2017/2/28 17:12
Okay, thank you!

Re: Mt. Fuji Package 2017/2/28 23:36
I would say it depends on the maturity of your child and the specifics of the package. I took one from Tokyo that was a two hour bus ride, various stops, restaurant lunch, boat ride, cable car ride and long train ride back. And the bus didn't have a bathroom.

My children needed more time to run around when they were three years old. They might have been disruptive while the guide was speaking for much of the bus ride. And I would have wanted the flexibility to go back to a hotel room for naps, serve snacks or have meals when they were hungry.
by SkipperL rate this post as useful

Re: Mt. Fuji Package 2017/3/1 00:24
I totally agree with you SkipperL.
Appreciated your response.

Re: Mt. Fuji Package 2017/3/1 10:25
It depends on which tour (why not tell us which one it is?).

If you want to do (on your own) Tokyo/Shinjuku - Kawaguchi-ko (Lake Kawaguchi) round trip, that can be done.
If you want to do Tokyo/Shinjuku - Hakone round trip (though with less chance of seeing Mt. Fuji as far as my experiences go), including lake cruise, ropeway, cable car, etc., that can be done. Both using public transport.

But if you want to do something like Tokyo/Shinjuku - Hakone - Mt. Fuji (5th station), back to Tokyo/Shinjuku in a day, that requires some driving/private means of transport, thus, a bus tour would be far easier.

Note that you can't "see" Mt. Fuji from the 5th station as you are halfway "on" it.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Mt. Fuji Package 2017/3/2 09:31
Thank you for the reply.

I will definitely check again.

Re: Mt. Fuji Package 2017/3/2 09:40
Last thing, which location (to see Mt. Fuji) is best with a toddler in a day trip ? I was wondering 5th station is quite good and easily accessible.

Re: Mt. Fuji Package 2017/3/2 15:46
As i mentioned earlier, at fifth station you are halfway on the mountain so you don't get a full view. Kawaguchiko is the most likely, though of course it depends on the weather.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Mt. Fuji Package 2017/3/2 16:20
We will certainly visit Kawaguchi-ko . Hopefully we will get to see the biggie. I am flexible for two days, hope for the best.

Thanks for the reply.

Re: Mt. Fuji Package 2017/3/2 16:29
Kawaguchiko and it surrounds is better for viewing. You cannot see the mountain when half way up it. So forget the fifth station.

I would get the train to Otsuki. You can have a big break here as you want, transfer to Fujikyu railway and travel to Shimoyoshida Station. See this:- https://www.city.fujiyoshida.yamanashi.jp/forms/info/info.aspx?info_id...

Travel again to Kawaguchiko on the Fujikyu railway. Use retro buses to visit lakes and ropeway.

http://www.kachikachiyama-ropeway.com/

The 3550 yen pass I posted earlier covers the railway and retro buses.

http://e.fujikyu-railway.jp/ticket/

reply to this thread