Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Vanilla air 2017/2/28 13:01
Hi,
I cannot seem to be able to book the Tokyo-Sapporo route on Vanilla Air for August 2017. Any idea on when it'll be open for bookings?

TIA, safe travels.
by Tingzie  

Re: Vanilla air 2017/2/28 14:48
discount airline only allow you do book a certain time ahead. i cannot remember the timeframe, but one would be able to work it out looking at their website reservation section.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Vanilla air 2017/2/28 15:57
Probably all flights are fully booked; Tokyo to Sapporo is a very busy route.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Vanilla air 2017/2/28 16:21
Just looked. Up until the 30th of June is Available. So yeah can only book a certain time frame outwards.

Re: Vanilla air 2017/2/28 16:23
I don't think it's sold out. Because any day from July onwards, there's no flights. The system will indicate sold out if otherwise. I do need to know the timeframe though.
by Tingzie (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Vanilla air 2017/2/28 16:38
If you want to book now you can do it with Jetstar, but flight for August 1-20 are very expensive. Vanilla flights will probably fill up very quickly as well.

Re: Vanilla air 2017/2/28 16:51
check tomorrow and see is july is available. if so, then for august you'll need to wait until april 1st to book.

Re: Vanilla air 2017/2/28 17:15
Have you tried ANA Experience Japan fare? This is fixed 10800 yen and can be applied for the high season though there are some black out dates (not so many). Probably JAL's Visit Japan fare is also 10800 yen one way. LCCs provide lower fare, however, it will rise up in August.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Vanilla air 2017/2/28 17:22
ANA's Experience Japan has no blackout dates, however eligible seats are limited on each flight.

Re: Vanilla air 2017/2/28 17:37
ANA's Experience Japan has no blackout dates, however eligible seats are limited on each flight.

I thought so, but as I checked ANA's website, all the flights for 11th Aug has only Full Flex fare of 504.9 SGD. There are at least one Experience Japan fare for other dates. For example, on 12th there is only one from NRT to CTS while and on 13th there are many after 14:00. Maybe ANA does not announce officially about the blackout dates, but I think 11th Aug for TYO to CTS is actually a blackout day.

Re: Vanilla air 2017/2/28 17:42
In any case, foreign tourists can use ANA Experience Japan fare on almost all days even in the top season. Of course, we locals can't receive this benefit, and must pay 20000-30000 yen for the top dates.

Re: Vanilla air 2017/2/28 18:53
I've checked them before and they are all pretty expensive. Last year around the same time, I booked for April and managed to secure tickets for 4000yen one way. Essentially only spending 16000yen return for 2 pax. With the current prices, I am able to secure the nationwide rail passes for 2 and take the Shinkansen instead.

Re: Vanilla air 2017/2/28 20:34
Time isn't right yet, may be a few more months wait before you can try, but peach air also have flights.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: Vanilla air 2017/2/28 21:09
I've checked peach air. They do not service that route any longer wef March 2017.
by Tingzie rate this post as useful

Re: Vanilla air 2017/2/28 22:30
Sorry, I couldn't find any information on this, thats why I suggested it.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: Vanilla air 2017/3/1 03:06
http://www.flypeach.com/pc/en/lm/st/routemap

Peach air discontinued routes. At the bottom.

Re: Vanilla air 2017/3/1 07:59
For example, on 12th there is only one from NRT to CTS while and on 13th there are many after 14:00. Maybe ANA does not announce officially about the blackout dates, but I think 11th Aug for TYO to CTS is actually a blackout day.

Well, we'll probably never know for sure, but to me it just seems like EJ-eligible seats are all sold out on the 11th. Even though other days still have some seats, it's only for a handful of flights, and also even on the Japanese site seats are mor expensive om the 11th than on the 10th or 12th...

Bottom-line: in early August, just get an ANA EJ seat (or its JAL equivalent) because budget carriers are not going to be cheaper anyway. In late August, you can book with Jetstar now or wait for Vanilla.

reply to this thread