Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo Itinerary 2017/2/28 19:57
Hi, I have question regarding the schedule planning, wish to get some guide from you all :)
travel spot wishlist: tsukiji, asakusa sensoji, odaiba, akihabara, imperial palace, tokyo tower (night) , (roppongi hills mori tower or tokyo world trade center for night viewing), showa memorial park (if possible)
Will give 1 day for harajuku, shinjuku, shibuya as well.. the rest is for those in wishlist spot
I have a rough plan, but not sure how to include the other wishlist spot in details
Day 1 reached late night (stay at shinjuku )
Day 2 (sakura) Shinjuku gyoen - ueno park -- ?
Day 3 mt fuji kawaguchiko (stay overnight)
Day 4 mt fuji kawaguchiko back to shinjuku -- ?
Day 5 disneyland
Day 6
Day 7
Day 8 half day? (night flight)
Thanks!
by shanicet  

Re: Tokyo Itinerary 2017/3/2 00:53
If I were you I'd plot the sights you want to see on a map. Then you'll see which ones group together so you can plan to see them on the same day.

Here are some examples:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3051.html

Try to mix it up a bit - for example a temple and a museum on one day, rather than a temple and a shrine or two temples. Take your time - I find I enjoy myself more if I'm not thinking about everything else I have planned for the day. You can always add something or stop for tea if you have extra time.

Oh, and don't try to see all of Tokyo in one visit. Tell yourself you will be back someday.
by SkipperL rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Itinerary 2017/3/4 21:36
Thanks SkipperL for the advice.

Here is my revised schedule on mid april 2017:
Day 1 reached late night (stay at shibuya airbnb)
Day 2 (to view sakura if possible) Shinjuku gyoen - ueno park - asakusa - skytree
Day 3 lake kawaguchiko
Day 4 lake kawaguchiko – back to Shinjuku airbnb – tokyo tower
Day 5 disneyland
Day 6 tsukiji fish market – imperial palace – odaiba
Day 7 harajuku – shibuya – shinjuku
Day 8 akihabara – depart to airport (night flight)

Anyone can advise me on this:
1)Is it possible to add in Tokyo World Trade Center or Roppongi Mori Tower for the night view ? I am thinking to cut imperial palace
2)Is subway day pass or suica card more suitable for my trip?

Thanks !
by shanicet rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Itinerary 2017/3/5 00:49
You can save some time by skipping Shinjuku Gyoen, as the cherry blossoms will be long gone by mid-April.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Itinerary 2017/3/5 07:28
Akihabara is pretty good at night with all the lights. There is multiple food options there. So you might wanna try to hit it up once in the evening on your trip.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Itinerary 2017/3/7 03:09
Subway day pass or SUICA card? I found that you have to take many trips in one day to make the day pass worthwhile. I don't remember the break-even point. It might have been 4-6 separate subway/rail rides in one day. I just used a card and added money when it ran low.

The Mori tower has a nice view at night. I haven't been up in the World Trade Center after dark.
by SkipperL (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread