Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Call from the immigration office about PR? 2017/3/2 12:58
Hi guys,I hope someone experienced or heard about similar case.
I got a call from the immigration notifying me that ÝEØ–¾‘for my father in law is required. In the document we submitted, we gave them simply a letter written stating that he cannot submit ÝEØ–¾‘since his boss is currently outside of Japan.
When they called me they asked if it is now possible for my Japanese father in law to submit the ÝEØ–¾‘? of course, I told them yes. They informed me that I will be sent a letter where I can send them ÝEØ–¾‘in it. I got the letter from now and planning to send them this document next week.

Here is what I want to know.

1-I have been waiting over 5 months, does this mean after sending them ÝEØ–¾‘, the investigation time will reset and will have to wait another 5 or more months?

2-Does it mean that after submitting ÝEØ–¾‘ will very likely get the PR approved or basically submitting ÝEØ–¾‘means nothing in the process of the investigation.

I am lucky that it has not been completed denied.Getting this letter of missing document is giving me a second chance. Any feedback or shared experience please? Thank you so much.
by Guest (guest)  

Re: Call from the immigration office about PR? 2017/3/2 15:32
ÝEØ–¾‘is proof of work for my father is law. I forgot to mention that.
by guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Call from the immigration office about PR? 2017/3/2 15:47
You will get your PR as long as you provide them the correct document .
Sometime it takes more than 6 months , it depends which office you applied for in Japan.
by Art and Art (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Call from the immigration office about PR? 2017/3/2 22:12
When I applied a few years ago, after about 3 months I was contacted asking for additional documents, which I sent, then I got PR two months after, so I don't think it resets. If that's all they asked for an you sent it promptly you should be ok.
by Vita (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Call from the immigration office about PR? 2017/3/3 10:13
Why father inlaw documents?. is he your guarantor in Japan?.
by chike20 rate this post as useful

Re: Call from the immigration office about PR? 2017/3/3 10:45
Why father in law documents?. is he your guarantor in Japan Thank you chike20.

I am holder of a Japanese spouse visa while my wife is still a student.He is considered as my guarantor.Him being the guarantor doesn't mean that I am unable to support myself though.
Here is what we did(with the guidance of an immigration lawyer):
-Father in law wrote a letter saying that the applicant(me)has a sufficient income and does not need his help.However,if I the applicant(me)needs any help,my father in law would help me.
-Father in law stated that since he is the owner of the house/land,the applicant/also his daughter do not need to pay him rent money.
-Father in law submitted documents proving that he is the owner of the house/land where we live.
Also, I submitted other documents showing that I have stable income/enough savings.
-Bank Book copies showing I have saved 2000000 Yen since I arrived to Japan.
-Documents showing my annual income and so forth.

then I got PR two months after, so I don't think it resets. If that's all they asked for an you sent it promptly you should be ok. Thank you Vita.
This is very awesome news for me. Yes, we sent the document today plus a letter by my father in law stating again the reason why it was not possible to submit the document previously(because his boss was outside of Japan).

I hope I get some news soon.
Thank you so much for the active support, thanks to website moderators as well. You were of a great help.
by Guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Call from the immigration office about PR? 2017/3/30 11:47
Just want to update you guys.
After six months of my PR application, today I got the result and they asked me in the post card to bring 8000 Yen with me. It seems that my PR has been accepted.
I would like to thank all those who replied to my posts. You were of a great help to me.
This forum is awesome!

by update (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread