Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Luggage delivery recommendations 2017/3/2 22:12
Hi,

I know there are a few questions already like this but want to just line out what I plan to do moving my suit case around a few times.

I am landing and leaving Japan from Haneda Airport, Tokyo. Which I will be visiting Hiroshima, Osaka, Hakone, Tokyo over 16 day period.

My plan is to get my suit case delivered from the Haneda airport to Osaka 4 days after landing as I will be visiting Hiroshima for only 3 days and then moving to Osaka after.

From Osaka I would like to get it moved to Tokyo 3 days later as I will be visiting Hakone for only 2 days.

I have found there are multiple delivery companies and I know it will cost me roughly £20 a time to get my suit case which is pretty big moved around which is fine.

My question(s)is, will it be easy or difficult the way I want to move my suit case around between cities?

Haneda airport offers, Nippon and Yamato. Is any moe flexiable than the other and can I get deliver set from door to/ door t airport etc?

Can I book collection/delivery in advance or do I just walk up to a counter in the airport and select destination and dates etc?

Sorry If this is a repeat of questions that have been submitted before but what I have read i am still unsure.

Thank you for reading,

Regards,

R
by r43534  

Re: Luggage delivery recommendations 2017/3/3 11:56
I've only used the black cat (kuro neko yamato) service. Very reliable. They will ask for a delivery date and time window right at the counter. I think it's a 2-hr window that starts at 12:00 pm. No need to pre book.

Your 2nd shipment can be sent from your hotel. Ask the staff to help you fill out the form.
by Anon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage delivery recommendations 2017/3/3 18:54
Thanks for the information. I forgot to add I am not staying in a Hotel I am using AirBnb. Would i have to go to a local post office or find their counters else where?

thanks,

R
by r43534 rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage delivery recommendations 2017/3/3 21:04
In the case of Airbnb, you can schedule a pick up by phone or online, Or you can bring your luggage to a nearby convenience store that has their logo, or to their nearby office, or I bet if you walk into a nearby hotel and ask, they'll help you too (never tried).

http://www.kuronekoyamato.co.jp/en/personal/ta_q_bin/index3.html
by Anon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage delivery recommendations 2017/3/3 21:12
"I bet if you walk into a nearby hotel and ask, they'll help you too (never tried)."
it is extremely rude. No one should advise that.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage delivery recommendations 2017/3/3 22:09
Why would it be rude? At the last hotel I stayed at, the delivery kiosk was not operated by the hotel, but by a small shop within the hotel. So in fact, the hotel directed me to the shop, and the lady who helped me was the owner of the shop, not hotel staff.
by anon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage delivery recommendations 2017/3/4 00:22
Thanks for the feedback guys helped a lot. I will see if I can schedule it all at the Airport to save time.

If not I will go to an office or shop that advertises their logo.

Thanks again and have a good weekend :).

Best Regards,

R
by r43534 rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage delivery recommendations 2017/3/4 07:44
At the last hotel I stayed at, the delivery kiosk was not operated by the hotel, but by a small shop within the hotel.

The problem is that most hotels do not have such shops.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage delivery recommendations 2017/3/4 09:33
you can leave your luggage at delivery company's agencies. and most hotels are not.
generally speaking, hotels give those handling services for their customers, not for unknown passers-by.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread