Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How do I buy Ghibli Museum tickets? 2017/3/2 22:48
Do I just wait on the 10th of each month to buy on Lawson Ticket website on ghibli museum official website or is this only for Japanese resident? Or do I have to buy using JTB Group overseas for UK resident? I'm flying to in April and still pretty confuse with how to buy the ticket. Thanks
by Shel (guest)  

Re: How do I buy Ghibli Museum tickets? 2017/3/3 12:04
If JTB UK works the same way as JTB USA then you are too late buying from them because tickets are released 3 months ahead, and are typically gone pretty fast. Stalk the Lawson website (link in the official Ghibli Museum website). It is for foreigners to buy, does not charge extra fees, releases 1 month ahead instead of 3 months ahead, but again, they go fast the minute they are released so stalk the release date (Japan time) and pounce.
by Anon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How do I buy Ghibli Museum tickets? 2017/3/3 12:26
I stalked the Lawsons website on the 10th of the month and bought txt the moment it was open at 10am. I got the txt for the day I wanted and within 45mins of the txt opening most were gone.

Hope that helps.
by Jojo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How do I buy Ghibli Museum tickets? 2017/3/3 18:17
I will try Lawson if i don't get it will just have to try a tour way. 10am open on the 10th of each month? 10am for Japan time or? Thank you so much for all your help
by Shel (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How do I buy Ghibli Museum tickets? 2017/3/3 19:53
Although JTB does sell fast, have you actually tried it yet, not every countries are the same, even Hong Kong JTB sell them, and they don't sell out quicky.

Just see the official site for the various method on obtaining the tickets, in the unlikely event you are unable to get a ticket, live with it, there is nothing you can do, just don't turn up at the place and hoping they will let you in out of good will, this won't happen, i've seen one person get rejected during my day of visit.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: How do I buy Ghibli Museum tickets? 2017/3/3 20:27
Yes Japan time- so for me that was 11am- the process online was easy but have your passport at the ready, because you need that as the person booking- can't remember if I needed my child's passport number too- I don't believe I did just mine as the booking person- and then this was checked before entry to make sure I was the same person who bought the tickets.
by Jojo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How do I buy Ghibli Museum tickets? 2017/3/4 00:12
I feel so lucky as my travel agent fixed our 6 tickets for 15th of June. She tried to get for 12th but they were already gone. And she contackted Ghibli directly at the morning of 1st of March!!!
by Ekaterina71 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How do I buy Ghibli Museum tickets? 2017/3/4 13:19
Also for what it's worth, if you're able to figure it out, the Japanese language Lawson ticket site has a lot more ticket availability than the English language site
by JK (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread