Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan WiFi HotSpot Providers 2017/3/5 22:13
Hi,

Here for a few months and need mobile internet access. The options as usual in Japan are poor compared to elsewhere, so considering a wifi hotspot plan. Does anyone know a comprehensive list of the best providers, or a Japanese info site that provides the relevant info.

I'm talking about the likes of Wi2 etc.

Thanks
by Elegba  

Re: Japan WiFi HotSpot Providers 2017/3/6 15:54
I have downloaded the Japan Connected app mentioned here and look forward to seeing how well it works. http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2279.html
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Japan WiFi HotSpot Providers 2017/3/6 15:56
Re read your post & see why the above may not be of use to you. Sorry for posting while not really awake.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Japan WiFi HotSpot Providers 2017/3/6 16:09
What are your requirements, exactly? Public wifi service, even paid, is certainly not available everywhere, so if you want to be online constantly, you'll need a pocket wifi or a data SIM.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Japan WiFi HotSpot Providers 2017/3/6 16:20
Pocket Wifi or data sim not viable. Don't have a resident's card, so only entitled to extortionate visitor plans, and don't want to go down that road. I don't need net access constantly, but do need it frequently when about town. WiFi hotspots, free or paid would be doable. Seems like the best deals are for Japan residents.

Shame Japan ended the prepaid sims. Or made they incredibly expensive. In Thailand you can pick up a prepaid sim for 200THB and have free wifi access, plus your 4G all around the city.
by Elegba rate this post as useful

Re: Japan WiFi HotSpot Providers 2017/3/6 19:29
Data sim isn't really expensive in japan, there are many to choose, from airport, carrier shops, hotels and places like BIC camera.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread