Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Souvenir Stickers 2017/3/11 21:12
Japan sells a lot of souvenirs, but I've noticed that simple travel stickers - medium-sized seals with the city name and maybe a small picture - are hard to come by. In fact, amongs the dozens of tourist spots I've visited over three years, I've only managed to find stickers in a few of them. Where can I buy these online? I've looked on Amazon and Rakuten and the variety is really small. I'd ideally like to buy stickers for all the cities/prefectures I've visited to decorate my travel album.
by Jenn Jett (guest)  

Re: Souvenir Stickers 2017/3/12 08:58
Have you checked Tokyu Hands and Loft?
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Souvenir Stickers 2017/3/12 09:35
Thanks for the suggestion. Tokyu Hands and Loft sell lots of stickers, but they don't really have travel ones based on specific places in Japan. I want to buy stickers that simply say the place name I've visited and maybe a picture of a landmark/mascot.
by Jenn Jett (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Souvenir Stickers 2017/3/12 11:38
Tourist spots in Japan often have stamps for that purpose, so people can collect stamps of their travels. Just one of those differences in practice from country to country.

If any of the places you visited had mascots (yuru-kyara,) you can probably find stickers of those.
by gfoulk rate this post as useful

Re: Souvenir Stickers 2017/3/12 11:48
They actually don't, which is why I'm posting here.

I've been to hundreds of tourist spots in countless prefectures over the past three years. The only places that sold souvenir stickers were: Yakushima, Nagasaki, Tokyo, Kamikochi and Kusatsu Onsen. Not even souvenir shops in big cities like Osaka or Kyoto sell stickers that I know of. I don't think stickers are very popular here.

Even on Amazon it's hard to find travel stickers. I've had to look really hard in both Japanese and English and have only found a handful of place name stickers.

If anyone knows where I can buy these online, please let me know.
by Jenn Jett (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Souvenir Stickers 2017/3/12 16:14
At all (most?) tourist places, train stations, etc, you can find a commemorative stamp with an ink cushion next to it. The idea is to bring your own notebook to create an album.
http://voyapon.com/notebook-stamp-hobby/
by Jim (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Souvenir Stickers 2017/3/12 16:53
I think you'll have to forget it; they just don't do that here.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Souvenir Stickers 2017/3/12 21:24
I just take photos of all the train station signs so I have a record of where I've been.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread