Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Late night arrival at Narita 2017/3/11 23:45
Hi,

I'll visit Japan this April. My flight will arrive around 21:40 at Terminal 3 of Narita Airport (on Friday) and I want to get to Aoto Station by public transportations. As the arrival procedures may take time, I think the only way I can get to Aoto Station is using the last train of JR Sobu Line which departs at 23:00.
Can I buy ticket from vending machine? Since the ticket offices are already closed when I arrive.
Please give me some advices on how to get to Aoto station from Narita Airport at that time.

Many thanks!!!
by Ngoc Kim (guest)  

Re: Late night arrival at Narita 2017/3/12 11:28
Yes, you can buy the ticket from the vending machines.
by gfoulk rate this post as useful

Re: Late night arrival at Narita 2017/3/12 12:20
... or an IC card (Pasmo probably).
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Late night arrival at Narita 2017/3/12 12:34
My flight will arrive around 21:40 at Terminal 3 of Narita Airport (on Friday) and I want to get to Aoto Station by public transportations.

You had better re-plan your flight or accommodation.

Aoto Station is a station of Keisei Electric Railway; itfs not a JR Station.
Your last chance to get to Aoto Station by railroad before the dawn will be the train departing at 22:51 from NRT Terminal 2 to run for (Keisei-)Ueno mainly by the Narita Sky Access Line.

Taking a flight of such a late-night scheduled arrival, you may miss
that last train, especially when your flight or immigration is delayed much.

Currently there is no railroad station in NRT Terminal 3; for you to take a train from the airport, you have to leave Terminal 3 and go to Terminal 2 with your luggage, which is expected to require about 15 to 25 minutes.

There are bus routes for Tokyofs urban area, but the departures of the buses from Terminal 3 are scheduled at 23:00 at latest.

Logically you can take a taxi all the way, but that may well be quite expensive, especially during the 7 hours from 22:00 to 05:00, when a higher rate applies to the taxi fare.

Do you now plan to stay in a hotel?
Where is your first destination on the following day?

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Late night arrival at Narita 2017/3/12 13:25
Hi @omotenashi,

I'm planning to stay in a guesthouse near Aoto station.

But seems like taking Keisei Main Line/Keisei Narita Sky Access train which departs at 22:51 from Airport Terminal 2 Station is my last chance to get to Aoto Station. An I have about an hour to catch this last train.
To transfer from Terminal 3 to terminal 2, I can use a shuttle bus which takes only 5min. However, the immigration procedures and retrieving baggage may take much time (not to mention an unexpected delay of the flight).

Therefore, should I choose an other accommodation? Since there's a risk that I may not catch the last Keisei train.

Should I take the last Keisei bus which departs at 23:10 from Narita Terminal 3 to Tokyo station and look for an accommodation near Tokyo Station?
by Ngoc Kim (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Late night arrival at Narita 2017/3/12 16:51

(not to mention an unexpected delay of the flight).

You are discounting the unavoidable stress which could easily be eliminated if you choose to stay in a business hotel near the airport.
by * (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Late night arrival at Narita 2017/3/12 17:14
I'd agree with the other opinions and get accommodation in Narita. Would be much easier and simpler.

But if you plans are concrete and you miss the last Keisei service. Then get later JR rapid to Shin-Koiwa and get a taxi from there.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Late night arrival at Narita 2017/3/13 01:41
Plenty of reasonably priced hotels/accomodation in the village of Narita. I have stayed there going the other direction.
by snowmobile rate this post as useful

Re: Late night arrival at Narita 2017/3/13 02:21
If you don't want to stay in hotel, you can also stay in airport. If you are comfortable enough though.

I have tried to sleepover in Narita (or Haneda I forgot) and catch the first train up in the morning after. The security guards tolerate us who have a late night departures.
by Je (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Late night arrival at Narita 2017/3/13 02:21
*late night arrival I meant.
by Je (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread