Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese learning book resources 2017/3/12 06:25
I am going to study at a Japanese high school for a year. I want to buy a textbook for learning Japanese when I'm in Japan. I have studied Japanese by myself using a textbook in my native language and I would say I've completed 2/5 of JLPT N5 grammar and vocabulary.

What textbook should I buy? Minna no nihongo or Genki? If Minna no Nihongo, the first or the second book? And which additional books of the serie do you recommend? The translation to English?

Are there any other textbooks or workbooks for learning Japanese or just kanji you find helpful?

Thank you very much. :)
by Julie (guest)  

Re: Japanese learning book resources 2017/3/12 16:33
If I were to live in Japan for a year and would need to communicate with people as best as I can in Japanese; I think I would need to get up to JLPT N4 level and I would focus on grammar, vocabulary, and conversational Japanese. Find a native Japanese speaker and have conversations in Japanese.
I think learning kanji would have the lowest priority, nice to have, but I would be least likely to be dependent on it during my stay there. all IMO of course.
by Bob (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese learning book resources 2017/3/12 17:14
Living in Japan and not being "dependent on kanji"? Maybe if you always have someone with you who can read things aloud to you... Kanji are everywhere.
by Firas rate this post as useful

reply to this thread