Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Job in Japan with experience 2017/3/14 08:50
Hello everyone. I know that I will not get a working visa without a degree and there's no way I will be getting one now. I have a Higher national Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (Level 5), 8 years experience in Engineering field as an Engineering technician and will now start (in a few weeks) an Associates Degree in Japanese language which I will finish in 2 years time. What are the odds of being accepted by immigration with what I have without a university degree after I finish my Associates degree? Thank you.
by Mnttengu  

Re: Job in Japan with experience 2017/3/14 12:10
You need a bachelor's degree, OR 10 years of experience.

If you do not have one of those, your chances are zero. If you are stopping work with 8 years of experience, in order to get the associate's degree, then you would not qualify.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

Re: Job in Japan with experience 2017/3/14 12:52
Thanks for your answer. I just got a reply just now from an office with immigration lawyers which my friend suggested. Apparently the 10 years include the study years. They gave me this link and asked me that if I wanted more info they will make an appointment for me (which I don't need for now). I didn't know that the 10 years includes study time. Thank you :)

http://visanavijapan.com/work-in-japan/get-a-working-visa-for-japan/

by Mnttengu rate this post as useful

Re: Job in Japan with experience 2017/3/14 13:43
If your HND took 2 years, AND you have 8 years of work experience you would qualify (2+8)

However, your new Associate's degree wouldn't count into it, because it is not in the field of Engineering.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

Re: Job in Japan with experience 2017/3/14 13:55
Thank you! Yes that was exactly my thought. My Associates Degree will just be a very small plus so I can communicate well in Japanese.

Re: Job in Japan with experience 2017/3/15 13:51
Sorry to be a downer but your associate degree in Japanese from overseas won't help you communicate well in Japanese.

With an associate degree you should be able to have a fun time at bars and shop by yourself, not much more. Most people need to study Japanese full time in Japan for at least a year and a half before they can "communicate well". You should lower your expectations.
by S King rate this post as useful

Re: Job in Japan with experience 2017/3/19 21:14
Agree, your associates won't be a small plus. You are eligible now, and you will learn Japanese better and faster living in Japan, you might as well apply now.
by PsyGuy rate this post as useful

Re: Job in Japan with experience 2017/3/19 21:38
Hello! Thanks for your reply. My Associates Degree is not from overseas. I will be doing it in Fukuoka starting three weeks from now for 2 years.

reply to this thread