Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

student visa was rejected 2017/3/14 18:33
I apply for a language school and my student visa was rejected. It seems that a seal in my birth certificate was suspicious. Will i get my visa after correcting them. What process should i follow
by Saki (guest)  

Re: student visa was rejected 2017/3/15 13:45
You can try to appeal the decision at the immigration bureau.
They will give you the visa only if they decide that your explanation is satisfactory.
by S King rate this post as useful

Re: student visa was rejected 2017/3/15 17:42
Was it actually your visa application that was rejected, or your CoE application? In either case, the answer above is wrong: CoE application rejections cannot be appealed (i.e., you have to make a new application), and visa applications are made through your loczl Japanese embassy, not the immigration bureau.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: student visa was rejected 2017/3/16 14:56
My COE was rejected what should i do
by saki (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: student visa was rejected 2017/3/19 21:03
Correct the issue with the seal, and re-apply.
by PsyGuy rate this post as useful

Re: student visa was rejected 2017/4/2 15:45
My COE was rejected what should I do??

Bank problem
by Sworup Maharjan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: student visa was rejected 2017/4/2 22:54
Fix the problem and reapply.

Re: student visa was rejected 2017/4/3 21:30
I think your school has seen many/some students in the same/similar situation.
Although school cannot give you right/best advices, I think they may be able to a clue according to experience??
by Singlish teacher (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: student visa was rejected 2017/4/4 10:48
visa applications are made through your loczl Japanese embassy, not the immigration bureau.
This is not always true. Is there any official source?
If it is a tourist visa, then it is process in local Japanese embassy, in your case, since you applied for the a student visa, then your case is processed in the immigration bureau in Japan. Why?
You submitted document to your school, then your school send document to the immigration office, after the officers decide either to approve or deny your application, they send the reply to the school. After that, your school should notify you about the result. When you get the result, you should take it to the local embassy, the latter will check and give your visa. Therefore, your student visa is processed in Japan.The local embassy cannot give visas like student visa or marriage visa without being verified in Japan.

It seems that a seal in my birth certificate was suspicious
Who told you that it was suspicious? does that mean that you were that your documents have something not correct and then you submitted?

Is there any official reply given to you either by your school or the immigration office? if yes, please share it.

As all said before, ask your school for an explanation of issue. Note, your school could be also one of the reasons for having your visa denied. If the school has a bad assessment. For example, if every students do overstay after completing school, then your visa maybe denied. This may depend on the country you come from as well and several other factors.
by kika (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: student visa was rejected 2017/4/4 11:36
I am really tired with certain kinds of people here...

This is not always true. Is there any official source?

http://www.immi-moj.go.jp/english/tetuduki/kanri/visa.html

Issuance of visas in Japan falls under the scope of authority of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Re: student visa was rejected 2017/4/4 12:21
Note, your school could be also one of the reasons for having your visa denied. If the school has a bad assessment.

To be honest, I thought so as well.
It is said that immigration doubt your purpose if your school was not a tekiseiko.
http://ishijls.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-500.html
by tantan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: student visa was rejected 2017/4/4 22:33
It sounds like you gave them reasons to think that you may do overstay in Japan. That is why, you were denied student visa.

By the way, could you please tell me how long did you wait before getting a response of your visa being denied?
Is it possible to mention school name?
by kika (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: student visa was rejected 2017/4/28 23:59
Hello, my student visa was rejected today and I submitted all the documents I was told to submit. They refused to tell the reason for the rejection. Please does anyone know any reason for rejection with complete documents. I'm thinking maybe it is because I wrote two years in my form and it is 1 year and 3 months written in my COE. Is it possible if that could be the reason?
by Joseph Nkumah (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread