Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hilton Osaka vs. Swissotel Osaka 2017/3/16 12:58
Hi Guys! Any opinions? I know that the Hilton is in the Osaka Station area and the Swissotel is around the Namba station. Which would you prefer?

We love to go shopping during daytime and at night for dinner, we need a hotel that would be a short walking distance to a lot of restaurants. Would this be possible with Hilton Osaka?
by saquatch  

Re: Hilton Osaka vs. Swissotel Osaka 2017/3/16 16:34
I stayed at the Swissotel Namba to be handy to Kansai for an early flight.

The rooms are nice, but the area is boring and the shops expensive even for Japan. I wouldnt stay in that area again.

by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hilton Osaka vs. Swissotel Osaka 2017/3/16 19:21
Hilton Osaka is in Umeda
Swiss Hotel is in Namba

Maybe consider Courtyard Marriott at ShinOsaka

ShinOsaka is on the Midosuji subway to Namba for restaurants
ShinOsaka is on the Haruka line to Kansai Airport

by AusTF rate this post as useful

Re: Hilton Osaka vs. Swissotel Osaka 2017/3/16 19:36
AusTF,

But Shin-Osaka is farther away from Namba "youth" shopping area (compared even to Umeda), and is farther away from Kansai airport in terms of distance (from Namba you can take Nankai line to Kansai), so it is a matter of preference when it comes to train/subway travel (if the OP is using JR or not to go to Kansai Airport). And Shin-osaka area itself is boring.

With a whole lot of new shops around Umeda area (near Osaka station), I would choose Hilton Osaka in Umeda.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hilton Osaka vs. Swissotel Osaka 2017/3/18 04:27
I stay at the Hilton often, it's a great hotel. I don't know why people say this or that is boring, both locations have tons of things to do and great eats. Sky Garden is 10 mins walk from Hilton. Swisshotel has the Dotombori area and street foods. From both most attractions are 15 min by subway and it makes little difference in how far from KIX, it's a 40 min drive.
by AirCrew (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hilton Osaka vs. Swissotel Osaka 2017/3/18 11:39
That's fair enough, what is boring to one person isnt to another. I find Namba boring because it is just shops (and expensive ones at that, selling nothing particularly interesting), barely anything green, and I didnt find the restaurant options that great. I would say that in 10 trips to Japan in which I have stayed at probably 50 different areas, I think that Namba would be in the three least interesting. But I'm sure some other people might love it.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hilton Osaka vs. Swissotel Osaka 2017/3/18 19:07
But Shin-Osaka is farther away from Namba "youth" shopping area (compared even to Umeda), and is farther away from Kansai airport in terms of distance
Sure: one extra stop on Midosuji subway to Namba, one stop to Umeda or JR or Midosuji; and direct Haruka to Kansai: and for the price differential from Hilton Osaka and Swiss Hotel with Courtyard Marriott ShinOsaka: no contest.
BUT I do understand gyouth shopping etc h: just purring the cost differential into the conversation.
by AusTF rate this post as useful

reply to this thread