Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Camping along the Kuju mountains 2017/3/17 02:42
Hello

I want to travel along the Kuju mountains, and i'm not sure how long the hike is suppose to take.
Is it a day? 2? 3?
If it's more than a day- are there any places there to camp\sleep? and how do I get to Beppu in the end?

Thank you in advance
by RonnieTal  

Re: Camping along the Kuju mountains 2017/3/17 15:30
There are many 1 day trails at the Kuju mountains. But you could make it into a 2 day trail with an overnight camping in the center @ the camping ground.. Mind you, you'll have to carry all your supplies beside water: plenty available.
by Alishan rate this post as useful

Re: Camping along the Kuju mountains 2017/3/24 22:55
Thank you so much for the respond!
What about crossing the entire route?
by RonnieTal rate this post as useful

Re: Camping along the Kuju mountains 2017/3/25 06:32
Not sure what you mean by the "entire route". From where would you like to start? Will you come by public transport or have your own wheels ? How many hours/day would you like to hike? Overnight with camping in the middle? Many options available indeed, but need to know what and how and from where you like to start.
by Alishan rate this post as useful

Re: Camping along the Kuju mountains 2017/3/26 07:05
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4775.html

The above link has the times taken to do various routes. But not all of them. As above, it look like centralizing yourself would be a good option.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Camping along the Kuju mountains 2017/3/26 07:08
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Camping along the Kuju mountains 2017/3/26 22:01
Hey ^_^

I'm planing on crossing the entire Kuju-Aso park starting from Beppu and finishing in Kumamoto.
I have 3 days and traveling by public transportation only.
I did plan on camping, and can hike up to 7 hours a day.

Thank you so much for your help!!
by RonnieTal rate this post as useful

reply to this thread