Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

bringing b12 injections to Japan 2017/3/17 06:38
Hi everyone, I have maybe a delicate question to ask: can I bring injections from my country to Japan?
I just read that it's not common to get such injections while in Japan so I was thinking if it's possible to bring them with we when I leave my country for Japan.

I will be in Japan for at least two years (visa student) starting by this April, but unfortunately I just realized after a blood test that I have a b12 deficiency and I dont' know if I will be able to get all the injections before the departure date (no idea how long they will take as I still have to show my blood test results to a doctor, but it seems I'll probably need them and most of the time the treatment last for months).

Thank you in advance, looking forward for any possible opinion or suggestion.
by minader  

Re: bringing b12 injections to Japan 2017/3/18 10:48
I suggest that you contact your physician for the proper treatment protocol. In the past, it was felt that injections were mandatory for B12 deficiency. However, this is not the case with recent research. The majority of patients with B12 deficiency can be treated effectively with oral treatment with high dose B12, making injections not necessary. This avoids the hassle of carrying injectables and syringe/needles.

Dale
by Oenophile Angler rate this post as useful

Re: bringing b12 injections to Japan 2017/3/23 21:12
Thank you for your answer, i'll follow your advice.
by minader (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: bringing b12 injections to Japan 2017/3/23 22:04
Contact the customs to ask this question, if the injections are necessary. B12 doesn't always absorb with everybody for instance because of lack of stomac acids, that's why some people need the injections while others will get the same benefits taken orally.
by contact (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: bringing b12 injections to Japan 2017/3/23 22:24
I would strongly advise you talk to your doctor about a possible oral pill or other treatment, however if the injections are required you will have some problems. B12 IM is not stable for 2 years or even one year, once opened it only is stable for 3 months. You will have a hard time getting IM B12 filled as a prescription. You would likely have to have it injected at regular times at a clinic or health center. It's possible you could get 9 vials and open a new one every 3 months. There is no restriction however on it's import, nor the syringes, and you can find syringes in Japan.
by PsyGuy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread