Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hokkaido Autumn Itinerary 2017/3/20 10:33
Hi, me and my friend will going to Hokkaido from 29 sept-7 oct,two of us planning to hunting for koyo season and we take public transport
day 1, fri, 29 sept : arrive chitose 14.00 , stay sapporo
day 2, sat, 30 sept : sapporo +otaru
day 3, sun, 1 oct : jozankei or noboribetsu (stay or daytrip)?
day 4, mon, 2 oct :furano+biei, stay furano/biei/ asahikawa?
day 5, tue, 3 oct: asahidake
day 6, wed, 4 oct: sounkyo
day 7, thu, 5 oct : fly from asahikawa airport 19.35

what i want to ask:
1. I read koyo at jozankei & noboribetsu is from mid oct, if i go at 1'st oct, is it worthed to go if it still haven't peak? which the best for sightseeing between these two?
2. is it worthed for us to stay a night if i dont plan for onsen?
3. is there still some flower or patching in biei?should i stay in furano or biei?
4. which is better view?asahidake or sounkyou?i'm planning stay 1 night between these two
5. i still have half day to spare, have any idea?

thx for helping
by iren (guest)  

Re: Hokkaido Autumn Itinerary 2017/3/20 11:18
I can't comment on all your questions, but here's what I have to offer:

1) Jigokudani at Nobribetsu is pretty spectacular regardless of what the trees are doing, so I would say it's well worth it.

2) The nighttime atmosphere in a small onsen town has appeal even if you're not partaking in the onsen itself IMO (though why not!? Onsen are awesome!) "Worth" depends on a lot of things of course, so I can't say it'd be worthwhile for you, but I would certainly consider it.
by gfoulk rate this post as useful

Re: Hokkaido Autumn Itinerary 2017/3/20 22:22
Thx for the reply

Is jozankei or noboribetsu have a much thing to do or to see? (We dont plan hiking)
The price is expensive when.u come to onsen town, so I choose the peak autumn area if possible (asahidake or sonkyou)..
So if daytrip to jozankei and noborubetsu is doable ,n if there nothin much to do, we planning to do a daytrip...
by Iren (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hokkaido Autumn Itinerary 2017/3/26 15:13
my sis in law went to Furano last early Oct , yes , you still can view some flowers
by despeggy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread