Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Luggage storage for 3 days, please help 2017/3/21 17:35
Dear friends,

I will go to Japan next April with some senior citizens (age 70 yo+) and I have some trouble organizing our luggage. Usually I ask the hotel I sleep at to keep my luggage for several days while I go to other cities, and they do it with no problem. But to consider number of the luggage (8+) and it's a peak season, I don't think the hotel willing to keep our stuff.

We leaving Tokyo for 3 days for Osaka, do you guys know where I can keep our luggage that long? At first I want to use takkyuhaibin to deliver our stuff to Osaka, but then I think it's very time consuming. (Send the luggage at first day before leaving Tokyo, get the luggage at second day in Osaka, and have to send them back to Tokyo at 3rd day before leaving Osaka).

Can you guys recommend some place where I can keep our luggage, preferably near Ikebukuro?

Any help will be appreciated, thank you.

by marichan (guest)  

Re: Luggage storage for 3 days, please help 2017/3/22 09:46
Most coin-operated lockers at train stations allow up to 3 days of storage, some for 72 hours. Perhaps if you use 2 or 3 of the biggest lockers, you can put everybody's luggages. Read the instructions before use to know the maximum period, and where to retrieve the contents if max period is exceeded.
by Saburo T. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage storage for 3 days, please help 2017/3/22 09:54

But to consider number of the luggage (8+) and it's a peak season, I don't think the hotel willing to keep our stuff.

Try to get confirmation from the hotel, you'll be surprised if they will keep your luggage, especially
if you are returning to the same hotel after the Osaka trip.
by shinji (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage storage for 3 days, please help 2017/3/22 14:19
Check the services Sagawa Express is offering, Temporary baggage storage service.
http://www.sagawa-exp.co.jp/ttk/english/
by Chococo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage storage for 3 days, please help 2017/3/22 14:56
I would first ask the hotel, if you are departing and returning to the same hotel, I think they would be very accommodating even with 8 or more bags.
by PsyGuy rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage storage for 3 days, please help 2017/3/22 16:21
I would do as others have suggested above. But I just wanted to note that takuhaibin doesn't have to be time consuming at all. At most hotels the front desk will arrange pickup for you, and you can have it delivered directly to the next hotel. There's no need to go drop off / pick up luggage anywhere.
by gfoulk rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage storage for 3 days, please help 2017/3/22 17:07
thank you very much for all your kind replies!
yes we will be return to the same hotel at tokyo, but i learn it will be fully booked by guest at the time, so i have some doubt if the hotel willing to keep all the luggage for us. i will try to ask them.

can sagawa express pick up our luggage at hotel, or should i go there and drop the luggage for the temporary baggage storage service?
by marichan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage storage for 3 days, please help 2017/3/22 17:52
Basically I agree with all the previous suggestions, so I would like to comment some minor points.

1. Even if your hotel refuses to keep all of your baggages, it may accept some baggages, like 1 baggage per one guest.

2. leaving Tokyo for 3 days for Osaka. Do you mean you will have 3 full days in Osaka? That is, you leave Tokyo in the evening and then sleep in Osaka for 4 nights and then come back to Tokyo on the fifth day? In this case you must pay for Sagawafs service for 5 days. It will be 4000 yen per baggage. If you come back on the 3rd day, you will pay 2400 yen per baggage.

3. You donft need to send your baggages to Osaka. Instead, you can send them to your Tokyo hotel (from the same hotel).

4. The tourists from foreign countries are increasing, but still the majority of hotel guests are Japanese and Japanese people (I am one of them) usually donft want to keep their baggage at the hotel for long time. Most of Japanese don't travel so long ;). Further April is not so busy season for Tokyo, although Kyoto in early April is very crowded. Of course each hotel is different, but I assume your hotel should sufficient rooms for luggage storage.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread