Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

48h for Onsen/Ryokan between Kyoto and KIX 2017/3/21 18:42
Konbanwa!

I will check out on the 30th of March, a thursday, from my accomodation in Kyoto and have zero plans until I fly out from Osaka KIX 1045 on the 1th of April.

Basically, I'd love to spend my last time in Japan eating well, relaxing and bathing. If theres the option for physical exercise (i.e. a gym), then even better.

I don't mind travelling for a few hours to get somewhere remote and cheaper, but I need to be able to get to the airport fairly early for my flight. Any tips for onsen destinations would be extremely appreciated!

Thank you very much!
//Marcus
by marcussr  

Re: 48h for Onsen/Ryokan between Kyoto and KIX 2017/3/22 10:41
It isnt between Kyoto and KIX but it is very close - Hikone is a really nice town with some good ryokans in it, some with good baths. We stayed at Futabaso which was very nice and close to the lake, but others are closer to the castle.

Uji is nice too, we stayed at Hanayashiki there. I dont know whether there is enough to do to warrant 2 days, it is more an overnight thing. We also stayed at one in Nara which had a rooftop bath - Asoukasu (sp?). Nara probably has the most to do, then Hikone, then Uji.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 48h for Onsen/Ryokan between Kyoto and KIX 2017/3/22 16:31
Arima is a popular onsen resort town just north of Kobe.
by gfoulk rate this post as useful

reply to this thread