Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Worth visiting Kamikochi in April? 2017/3/22 21:36
Hi!

Does it worth to stop by in Kamikochi on april 17th considering this yearsL heavy winter? Will the river be frozen? Unfortunately this will be the only day ILll have to go there during my trip...
by André Fugissawa (guest)  

Re: Worth visiting Kamikochi in April? 2017/3/23 09:41
Hi! I have been in late April and it was very nice - still snow at the peaks (not that I hiked up there) and a little dirty stuff on the ground, the creek/river was flowing but not frozen, but it was dreadfully cold when I put my feet in. But seriously, I wouldnt bother going if it was just for the day because it is swarming with busloads of visitors and the noise is incredible. There is zero pleace and quiet and there isnt anything really historical to see, it is more a pretty rural landscape.

I'd recommend a stay overnight where you get the place to yourself in the evening and morning. We stayed at the Onsen Hotel which has (surprise surprise) an outdoor onsen. The food is awesome too.

But will it be open on 17 April anyway?
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread