Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo haneda - Toyama - Omachi - Tokyo Narita 2017/3/23 17:39
Hi,

I am planning to visit Japan from 13apr - 17apr aiming to see the Alpine route. I don't know what transportation should I take will be the best. Here are my questions that need your help

- we arrive in tokyo haneda at 13:00 on 13apr and want to go direct to Toyama
+ should i take a domestic plane for jpy 14500 each from haneda to toyama or should i take shinkasen (what train should i take and do we have the time table)? Is that covered by JP pass (if any)
+ on 14apr we will visit shirakawa-co so i guess just take the bus
+ on 15 apr we will start to go to Tateyama for alpineroute and stay one night on the mointain and continue the route which ends in Omachi.
+ on 17 apr we will go bqck from omachi to tokyo Narita so can we use shinkasen and is it covered by JP pass and how long does it take kr there is any faster transportation?

Thanks a lot
Tu Anh
by Tu Anh (guest)  

Re: Your itinerary (1) 2017/3/24 22:20
The Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route and its gateways may be crowded on your two days to travel there.

On the bus section Toyama Station / Kanazawa Station -- Shirakawa-go (Ogimachi district), a reservation is necessary for you to have each bus ride; so, you would not " just take the bus" on your way to or back from Shirakawa-go.
https://japanbusonline.com/CourseSearch/11900040002?afcd=MDI=
The bus timetables will be revised on 1 April 2017.

A Japan Rail Pass cannot pay off for this itinerary.
A one-way discount ticket package to cover the Alpine Route plus its gateways is available.
http://www.jrtateyama.com/e/

From Tokyo to Toyama City, it sounds better for you to take a railroad route mainly by the Shinkansen.
Although the air route (HND -- TOY) itself is faster, Shinkansen trains are available much frequently and until later in the night.

You need several hours to travel by railroad from Shinano-Omachi Station to Narita Airport.
It can be better to stay for the previous night closer to the airport.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo haneda - Toyama - Omachi - Tokyo Narita 2017/3/28 12:49
Thank you very much for your reply. I have decided to take shinkansen from Tokyo to Toyama. And I will book the bus to go to Shigakawa-go. On the way back, we stay over night in Omachi and go back to Tokyo the day after. What is the fastest way to go from Omachi to Tokyo Narita?

TA
by Tu Anh Ho (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo haneda - Toyama - Omachi - Tokyo Narita 2017/3/28 13:37
first of all you had better go Nagano by Bus(omachi-nagano Express line).
2nd, I think you should ride on Hokuriku-shinkansen to Tokyo.
finally, Ride on a bus tokyo station to Narita airport ( we call "1000yen Bus" in "YAESU-guchi" exit of tokyo station )
by granmarron (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo haneda - Toyama - Omachi - Tokyo Narita 2017/3/28 13:44
Thank you very much for your reply. I have decided to take shinkansen from Tokyo to Toyama. And I will book the bus to go to Shigakawa-go. On the way back, we stay over night in Omachi and go back to Tokyo the day after. What is the fastest way to go from Omachi to Tokyo Narita?

TA
by Tu Anh Ho (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread