Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Complete my itinerary (Somewhere rural?) 2017/3/25 02:38
Hi,

Sorry, it's another one of these threads. I am visiting Japan in August/September. I would like to go to

- Tokyo
- Kyoto
- Nara
- Hiroshima.

I'd like to fit another place in, preferably between Tokyo and Kyoto, although anywhere is fine as long as it's not completely out of the way of the above cities. (Not Hokkaido, for example). I wanted to go to Yakushima, but it is too impractical to get to, so I think I'll go another visit.

I'd like somewhere a bit rural as my itinerary so far is city-heavy. I'm not put off by people only speaking Japanese (I'm learning the language) and I am interested in history, particularly Edo period.

If anyone has any ideas, that would be a huge help. I'm trying to keep the trip simple as I find complicated, fast travelling itineraries stressful in reality!
by Ellie562  

Re: Complete my itinerary (Somewhere rural?) 2017/3/25 12:45
Check out Ise.

It's not exactly along the way between Tokyo and Kyoto, but it is not that far off. You can change trains at Nagoya (between Tokyo & Kyoto) to get there.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4301.html
by Kawasakigura (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Complete my itinerary (Somewhere rural?) 2017/3/25 19:04
Shirakawa-go or Takayama? It is two hours north of Nagoya.
by MikeTI rate this post as useful

Re: Complete my itinerary (Somewhere rural?) 2017/3/26 07:00
Can you give more information? I want "rural" doesn't help out much. MAybe some info on your likes/wants for the area you wish to stay.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Complete my itinerary (Somewhere rural?) 2017/3/26 10:41
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Complete my itinerary (Somewhere rural?) 2017/3/29 17:21
You could add in Kiso valley? Or Takayama, but I havenft been to the second of these myself so can't say much about it.

Ifm not sure how many days you have to spend, but you could add some nights in Nagoya for convenience and go on a daytrip to from there. Kiso valley is certainly doable as daytrip if you plan it right (the busses arenft that frequent, but we had a nice relaxed walk from Magome to Tsumago and enough time to spend in both post towns).
by Ronda (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Complete my itinerary (Somewhere rural?) 2017/4/9 07:46
We enjoyed spending a day in Shizuoka where we enjoyed Kunozan Toshogu and the views of Mt. Fuji . The ropeway to Kunozan Toshogu is another beautiful view. It is very easy to access, around half way between Kyoto and Tokyo on the Tokaido Shinkansen line (but note that Nozomi trains don't stop there).
by rkoo rate this post as useful

reply to this thread