Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mt Fuji & Hakone tour options 2017/3/27 01:36
We are (myself, my husband, two children aged 10 and 8) are travelling to Tokyo next month. I would like to do a day trip to Mt Fuji and Hakone. I've looked at various tour companies who do this trip but have been told I can plan myself more cheaply. Could I please get some advice as i'm getting confused on how I should plan this. I have purchased a JR pass as we are travelling Tokyo-Kyoto-Osaka-Tokyo (plus day trip to Nikko and hopefully Nara planned). Thank you in advance
by RP (guest)  

Re: Mt Fuji & Hakone tour options 2017/3/27 17:13
When I researched this myself, I concluded that it was too much of a hassle to do this tour on my own. We only had 1 day to tour the area and it was a lot of effort to cover the ground we wanted to cover. We went with a tour group for this for the convenience.
by ami (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Mt Fuji & Hakone tour options 2017/3/27 18:57
my understanding from reading your question is you wanna do Fuji 5 Lakes and Hakone in the one day?

just like those tours available. those tours are crap and miss almost everything.

you need a full day at each to actually see everything.

if you have a JR pass:-
for fuji - get to ostuki station and buy the 3350 yen bus/train pass.

for hakone, get to odawara station, buy the 4000 yen area pass.

both these passes are explained in their sections on this website. or you can look at the fujikyu and odakyu railway websites.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread