community-forum community-penpal community-userReports destinations-admission destinations-beenThere-outline destinations-beenThere-solid destinations-city_outline destinations-city_solid destinations-closedDays destinations-date destinations-getThere destinations-hotels destinations-hoursFees destinations-itineraries-3 destinations-links destinations-nearbySpots destinations-pin-simple-outline destinations-pin-simple destinations-sortBy-dots destinations-thumbsUp destinations-tours destinations-town destinations-wishlist-heart-outline destinations-wishlist-heart-solid interests-agriculture interests-amusementParks interests-beaches interests-castles interests-city_solid interests-contemporaryArt interests-events interests-festivals interests-flowers interests-foodDrink interests-gardens interests-hiking interests-historicSites interests-industry interests-koyo-single interests-koyo interests-mangaAnime interests-museums interests-nature interests-onsen interests-parks interests-pottery interests-sakura-single interests-sakura interests-scenicRides interests-shopping interests-shrines interests-skiing interests-snow interests-sumo interests-temples interests-traditionalArts interests-traditionalTheater interests-viewpoints interests-volcanoes interests-wildlife interests-winterIlluminations news-section planning-section planning-tickets-2 planning-transportation-access planning-transportation-bicycle planning-transportation-boat-2 planning-transportation-boat planning-transportation-bus planning-transportation-car planning-transportation-plane planning-transportation-shinkansen planning-transportation-tickets planning-transportation-train planning-transportation-walk shapes-chevron-down shapes-circle shapes-star social-fb social-gplus social-instagram social-twitter ui-alert-construction ui-alert-warning ui-calendar ui-date ui-globe ui-lightbulb ui-no_entry ui-ok ui-pencil ui-reverse ui-search ui-time ui-x user-avatar

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Sumo tickets 2017/3/27 02:23
Where do I buy them?

I'm going to be in Japan in May, and wanted to attend a sumo event.

Thanks.
by Kid Vicious  

Re: Sumo tickets 2017/3/27 17:12
The May tournament in Tokyo is from May 14 to 28th.

The ticket goes on public sale from April 8th - popular dates and seats tend to sell off pretty quickly. A few of my US friends use this site (for a fee) to purchase tickets from the States:

https://buysumotickets.com/
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Sumo tickets 2017/3/27 22:25
Will just reiterate that tickets sell out VERY quickly.
by PsyGuy rate this post as useful

Re: Sumo tickets 2017/3/28 17:28
I bought my tickets from the official site http://www.sumo.or.jp/En and collected on the day. The last basho sold out in two hours & with Kisenosato getting the yusho I expect this one to sell out faster.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Sumo tickets 2017/3/29 01:08
In the meantime, assuming they have it on the website, you can watch some episodes of "Sumopedia" on NHK World which are short programmes covering various aspects of sumo.
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

reply to this thread