Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone day trip 2017/3/27 06:47
Hi everyone!

We are going to be in Japan in October 2017. This will be our 5th visit to Japan. This time we want to visit Hakone. We want to go to the Open Air Museum. We plan to leave early on the Shinkansen from Tokyo Station to Odawara Station. I have a few questions...

-what is the fastest way to the museum from Odawara Station?
-how long should I allot for the museum? and,
- after the museum, anything that is a must do OTHER than going to an onsen??

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

-Amarys
by Amarys  

Re: Hakone day trip 2017/3/27 19:05
quickest way to museum would be by car. but not very practical since you can get a 4000 pass to cover all transport.

other things to see while at Hakone. If you do the whole Hakone Loop explained in the Hakone section of this website. There is plenty to do.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone day trip 2017/4/2 11:32
Thank you. In your experience, is there something in particular that I should not miss while in Hakone. We are not buying the pass because it looks like its for two days and we will only be there for one day.
by Amarys rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone day trip 2017/4/2 11:52
Hakone Free Pass that you can buy at Odawara (for use within Hakone only, the one that does not include the Shinjuku - Hakone rides) pays off if you are doing the Hakone Round Course, even if you are only visiting for a day. I always enjoy the boat ride across the lake and the rope way rides as well.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone day trip 2017/4/11 16:25
Hi recommend 2 day 1 night trips? I plan to stay 1 night in Hakone osen hotel, can anyone advise the internary and hotel?
by Annie Ong (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread