Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Questions regarding Okinawa & Flights 2017/3/28 12:31
Hi!

Is the bus/rail system good enough or is a car a must to travel around southern Honto? Also has anyone rented a motorcycle in Okinawa before? How's traffic like (as compared to Osaka/Tokyo)?

I will be going to Naha on the 16th June to 19th June and flying out of Tokyo NRT on the 19th as well. If my Naha flight leaves at 12:20 and lands in NRT at 15:00, will there be sufficient time for my 17:00 flight out of NRT? I'm in the process of booking the Naha-NRT flight so that can be changed but my NRT flight out is fixed. I don't think there are any other flights out of Okinawa on that date anyways.

Oh yeah, is there any use at all for a JR pass in Okinawa? Already getting a 21-day one but might start it earlier if it has no use in Okinawa.

Thank you very much for the answers in advance. Look forward to hearing from you guys.
by heyheyvee (guest)  

Re: Questions regarding Okinawa & Flights 2017/3/28 17:45
Southern Honto? Honshu?

If your flights are booked separately, then you need to allow enough time for delays, walking between terminals and check in.

No JR lines in Naha.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Questions regarding Okinawa & Flights 2017/3/29 00:58
If you can book both flights with the same airline, as a single trip, then the problem of making the connection becomes their problem.
To explore Okinawa Honto outside Naha, there are buses, but my research didn't show them as being very frequent. A car would be best, imho. Traffic on the island can reputedly suffer from peak hours congestion, but I have no experience of that as we only spent time in Naha before moving on to another island.
There are some old threads about bus and car transport around the island which might be useful (and accessible via the search function).
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

Re: Questions regarding Okinawa & Flights 2017/3/29 09:12

Naha flight leaves at 12:20 and lands in NRT at 15:00, will there be sufficient time for my 17:00 flight out of NRT? I'm in the process of booking the Naha-NRT flight so that can be changed but my NRT flight out is fixed.

You are transferring to international flight, immigration could be a long queue. I would allow min 3 hours.
by shinji (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread