Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sake Shop that holds a large Variety 2017/3/30 00:37
Basically, I remember reading an article which showed a Shop that basically stocked up on alot of different Sake from all over Japan. I can't remember who wrote the article and I have had no luck googling it.

I remember the article also mentioning that all of the sake stocked can be sampled at a small cost. (Similar to the one near echigoyuzawa station)

Can anyone tell me where this shop is.

Thanks.
by Shintai  

Re: Sake Shop that holds a large Variety 2017/3/30 12:08
You will have to provide a bit more info, like which city it is located. Because there are lots of places like what you described.
Is it a liquor store that you can also sample by glass, or more like a bar where you order by glass but you can also buy by the bottle?

Below links are two that I know in Tokyo:
shouten.tokyo
suzuden-sake.com/stand.html
by Matayoshi99 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sake Shop that holds a large Variety 2017/3/30 15:32
There are probably a few places like that across the country. If you're looking for places in Tokyo, Aji no Machidaya is one place that fits that description. It has a fairly large range of nihonshu, and one cup nihonshu from brewaries across the country, which I heard are very hard to find elsewhere, as the shop's good relationship with breweries allowed them to make special arrangements with producers who normally don't offer one cup bottles.
by Umechan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sake Shop that holds a large Variety 2017/3/30 15:44
Here are a couple dozen sake shops in Tokyo that have a good selection: http://bento.com/sakestor.html

Here are some sake-tasting bars in Tokyo: http://bento.com/r-sake.html

If you see the same name on both lists, then that would be a place where you can taste sake and also buy it retail. If the place says that it's an "antenna shop" then that means that they specialize in the sake from one particular prefecture rather than all over Japan.

Kimijimaya, with branches in Ginza, Ebisu and Yokohama, is probably my favorite place to try and buy sake from all over the country.

(As for the other suggestions, Suzuden is a great place, but their selection of sake by the glass is fairly ordinary. Tokyo Shoten is great, but their sake is all from Tokyo. I love Machidaya, but I've never noticed a tasting corner there, although I could be wrong.)
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: Sake Shop that holds a large Variety 2017/3/30 18:40
Thanks for all the replies.

I will check out what you guys have provided.

Also is there any sake breweries you would recommend for Fushimi Inari area.
I know there are a few famous breweries but which one would you recommend out of them?
by Shintai rate this post as useful

Re: Sake Shop that holds a large Variety 2017/3/31 02:56
If you want to try some good sake, I'd recommend going to a sake-tasting bar like this one in Kyoto: http://bento.com/kansai/rev/7178.html

I enjoyed visiting the Gekkeikan Okura Sake Museum in Fushimi, but their sake itself isn't that interesting.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: Sake Shop that holds a large Variety 2017/3/31 20:01
I noticed there are four famous breweries in Fushimi, how do they compare in terms of tours in Kobe?
by Shintai rate this post as useful

reply to this thread