Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can anyone read this? 2017/4/1 03:25
Someone in my family has been asked where a vase is from, there is some writing on the bottom which they think is Japanese, and I'm not sure it is. Can anyone identify the language or what it might say?

https://ibb.co/gZzyrF
by April May  

Re: Can anyone read this? 2017/4/6 16:08
I think it might be upside down in that picture. If you flip it, the upper right (bottom left in the original picture) looks a bit like è° and the bottom right (upper left in the original) could be a •ª in a ™c but I really don't know, I might just be seeing patterns. Could be Chinese or something too, but I would be money that it is upside down in the photo.
by Harimogura (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can anyone read this? 2017/4/11 16:30
Thanks for that. I think you be right, I've flipped it and can see what you mean about the characters. Anyone else have any ideas? or where I could find out?

https://ibb.co/gDGivk
by April May rate this post as useful

Re: Can anyone read this? 2017/4/11 21:54
It looks like chinese, but Japan also has similar wording, it doesn't say where it's from, that logo, is the inital of the designer/maker of the vase.
by kms899 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can anyone read this? 2017/4/12 05:06
Thank you! Is there any way anyone could translate the name so I can research it and see if I can find our anything about them/their work?

Re: Can anyone read this? 2017/4/12 09:32
The kanji are in artistically designed form ( like signatures) that I cannot decipher it...
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Can anyone read this? 2017/4/17 19:43
Thanks.

Does anyone know any other places online you can find out about these types of things, like age or exactly where it's from etc.

reply to this thread