Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Working in japan with spouse visa 2017/4/7 02:13
Hi everybody !
I have a simple question and I know a little bit of the anwser but just want to be sure !
I've look for it in alot of thread but I don't get the answer I want !

I'm going to get married with my japanese girlfriend soon and I will move to Japan .
I was wondering if I absolutely need a High School diploma to be able to get a " normal " full time job in Japan .
By " normal " I mean in the construction fields or in a factory , bar , waiters , mechanics etc
What I would really love to do is become a traditional japanese woodworker but it's not my only option .
Of course I know that it will be better if I get my High school diploma and everything .
But what I want to know is if I absolutely need my diploma to be able to do those kind of job if I already have a visa that make me able to work in Japan .

Don't get me wrong it's not that I don't want to go get my HS diploma ... I am in the process to go get it !
But I was wondering because on most of threads they are saying you need college or bachelor degree but that's mostly just for them to sponsor your visa .
I think if they don't need to sponsor your visa then the bachelor degree doesn't have the same "power" especially for a work that obviously doesn't need college or university degree like construction worker or doing the same repetitive things in a factory ...

Thank you in advance !!!

by kevinroy  

Re: Working in japan with spouse visa 2017/4/7 12:33
To simply put it, spouse visa/status let you bypass all the immigration restriction for working visa.

You can work any job you want as long as they want to hire you.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Working in japan with spouse visa 2017/4/7 12:56
Congratulation on you upcoming wedding. Myself I have been married with Japanese for 4 years now.

As mentioned above having a spouse visa means you may work in most areas. You cannot work in public fields, such as police, fireman, city hall service etc.

But if you want to enroll in the world of carpenter than you can do that. Keep in mind that often language will be an obstacle if you do not manage the language well.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Working in japan with spouse visa 2017/4/7 13:11
Thank you for your reply guys !
That's what I was thinking.
I will still try to get my high school diploma but I was wondering how it could " help " me to habe a canadian high school diploma to get a " normal " job like mechanics in a small garage or carpenter ... except the need of speaking japanese my history of canada and french/english wont help me haha math can help me but for those field I already know what I need to know so ....
thank you again guys !! ( more reply are welcome haha :-) )
by kevinroy rate this post as useful

Re: Working in japan with spouse visa 2017/4/7 13:20
Basically you are not an expat, so no need for university degree. Most companies are looking for foreigners who are already living in Japan, because you already have the correct visa or they look for high skilled people, most expat.

I had done a whole different kind of study back at home than the current field I work for. Like I said before the language will be the most important. It does not matter how good you are in something, if you cannot communicate than it will be difficult.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Working in japan with spouse visa 2017/4/8 00:58
Thank you so much !!!
I'm already stuying Japanese and I will pit all the effort I can to make it happen !!!
Thank you for your reply !
by kevinroy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread