Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

language school visa/work support for newbies 2017/4/10 03:03
Last summer, I saw a job advertisement on Gaijin pot for part time work for language students such as restaurant, hotels and teaching.

There is a company that is also a language school or partners with some language schools... So they sponsor visas for students to study with them, as well as provide their finance info as a guarantor so that the student won't be the one who needs to show $15,000 (or whatever the rate is) in their bank account.

They also place students in work with their clients, so that they can afford the language school fees and cost of living. I'm trying to send that info to a friend of mine who is interested in coming to Japan for a while
but I'm not even sure how to find that company again.

Have you heard of this service or similar companies? Can you send any links?
by J (guest)  

Re: language school visa/work support for newbies 2017/4/30 04:23
They also place students in work with their clients, so that they can afford the language school fees and cost of living.

Excuse me, you may have misunderstood the advertisement??
If you have a student visa, I don't think you can earn enough for tuition and expense for living, because student visa holders are not allowed to work unless they get permission (資格外活動許可), even the permission allows themto work up to 28hours/week bacially.
If you have another visa, for example, one for WH (特定活動), you will be allowed to work more than 28hours/week, but you will probably not enough time to attend school in order to work to earn enough money for tuition and expense for living.

http://ishijls.webnode.jp/english/ryugaku/
by m (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: language school visa/work support for newbies 2017/4/30 08:57
A lot of these types of deals are scams. One of my friends used to work for such a school before she realized what they were doing. Basically, they expected the students to be learning Japanese 9 - 5, then after dinner, they had to go work in a factory 6pm - 3am. The work paid for their school fees, dorm and food fees, and gave them a very meager allowance. The school took their passports "for safe keeping".
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

Re: language school visa/work support for newbies 2017/4/30 09:04
That sounds hard. It might be better to get some regular sponsors. I heard the minimal money can come from various sponsors? Like show the 2 or 3 banks accounts balances, (hers and 2 people willing to be provide the support)
by J (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread