Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

im a child of diplomat and i want to work 2017/4/10 11:32
hi all!

I think my case is unique and asked my people about this but they cant give me sure answer.

My mother is a diplomat of our country and works in our country's embassy here in Tokyo. my visa is diplomatic visa but I am not a diplomat myself, only my mother. I also don't have a residence card, I don't know why they didn't give me (should I apply for it?)

I study only every Saturday. my goal is to find a job, im ok with restaurants or hotels but my diplomatic visa doesn't allow me to do so. while its hard for me to look for a company that will give me a working visa (and also they might only give me 1 - 3 years, in which I already have 5 years diplomatic visa) the option I would like to try is to get a work permit instead in Tokyo immigration bureau.

does anyone here can give me advice?

I am afraid that they will not grant me working permit. how can I explain about my visa?

what are the other options for me? I just want to work since I have a lot of free time.

thanks in advance
by french girl 10  

Re: im a child of diplomat and i want to work 2017/4/10 17:53
"Diplomat" status is not just for diplomats themselves, but also for their family members, as you can see.

So you are on "Diplomat" status, and this status just like "Temporary visitor" does not give you residency in Japan, so you won't get a residence card as long as you remain on this status.

You can apply for a "work permit" like anybody else. Of course, there is no guarantee that it will be granted. http://www.immi-moj.go.jp/english/tetuduki/kanri/shyorui/09.html
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: im a child of diplomat and i want to work 2017/4/10 18:19
And no, there are no other options. If you want to work, you must have a status that allows it or obtain permission.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: im a child of diplomat and i want to work 2017/4/10 18:27
to do that, you can't apply the permit by yourself.
it must be done from the embassy where your mother works.
the embassy - Ministry of Foreign affair - Immigration office (Ministry of Justice)
http://office-jang.com/wp/ja/gaikou_kouyou
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread