Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 22

1 2
next

Spouse of Japanese National waiting for COE 2017/4/10 15:23
Hi

I'm an Indian national moved to Japan on a 3 months tourist visa my wife is a Japanese National, I've applied to the Shinagawa immigration for the COE with all the necessary documents in terms of marriage certificates (Both countries) my Japanese father in law being a guaranter, it's been 3 weeks already that I'm waiting but no notification from the immigration side.

I'm sure allot of people must have gone through this phase, would appreciate to receive some valuable feedback and advises from lovely people around.

Cheers
by Shaggs07  

Re: Spouse of Japanese National waiting for COE 2017/4/10 17:45
You should have applied for a change of status, not for a CoE...
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse of Japanese National waiting for COE 2017/4/10 18:51
COEs take much longer than 3 weeks also.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse of Japanese National waiting for COE 2017/4/10 22:20
There was no information about change of status of residence when it comes to information, Japan immigration is not so cooperative or I'd say manipulative may be, no one told me that there are 2 ways to do this thing and i ended up applying for COE instead of change of status of residence.

Anyhow now if I apply for status or residence what would be the process
by Shaggs07 rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse of Japanese National waiting for COE 2017/4/10 22:27
It's not their job to provide advice and information, they assume you have done your homework and know what you are doing.

The change of status application is essentially identical to the CoE application, as they serve the same purpose (determining whether you are eligible for the status you seek to obtain).
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse of Japanese National waiting for COE 2017/4/10 23:10
Why don't you ask your wife or her father to call (or to go) immigration office, instead of you ?
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse of Japanese National waiting for COE 2017/4/10 23:30
Thanks for your valuable feedback(not really) @firas

It's not their job to provide advise offcourse but information yes it is their job, if there are any Human rights in Japan, then "Right to Information" is also there.

Re: Spouse of Japanese National waiting for COE 2017/4/11 00:56
Another COE vs change of status discussion

Shaggs- if you believe it's their job then they did not do a good job, so who's life get screwed? Theirs or yours?
This is Information Age, if you had googled before submission you would have known this
Also you should have taken professional help with immigration lawyer.

Having said that, take professional help now
Read this forum Q in last few days, since you have applied for COE, next immigration will ask you to move back to India and wait for COE outside Japan since Coe is supposed to be used outside Japan
Please do the homework now!
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse of Japanese National waiting for COE 2017/4/11 12:50
As mentioned before CoE takes more than 3 weeks, if you go to the website of the immigration the information is there.
http://www.immi-moj.go.jp/english/tetuduki/kanri/shyorui/01.html

If you CoE is denied you cannot apply for a new CoE unless after 6 months.

Maybe it would be better to contact the regional immigration office. There are English speakers, but if you want you can bring someone who is speaking Japanese.

Your comment about the behavior of the immigration is something awkward, depending on your attitude against them. If you are normal asking for information they are willing to help you. I never had any bad experience with immigration.

by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse of Japanese National waiting for COE 2017/4/11 13:30
As mentioned and also experienced first hand, get your information straight and ask the correct questions.
They will not advise your more than what is required or related to your questions.
So if you go to them asking for spouse visa, they will only tell you what is necessary for spouse visa application, not more not less.
Its not the job nor it is required for them to inform you about other alternatives.
Anyway it stated that minimum waiting period is 90days, I got mine within 90days.
So yes, you need to leave Japan if your temp visa status expire before your COE approved.
And apply for spouse visa with COE at Japan Embassy in your country.

However all is not lost, it is possible for you to apply for change of status using the COE if COE approved while your temp status is still valid. Just apply for change of status with the COE and your stay will be extended until your status change approved.

Re: Spouse of Japanese National waiting for COE 2017/4/11 13:33
That was useful..
Thanks appreciate that

Re: Spouse of Japanese National waiting for COE 2017/4/11 17:06
I have learned in this forum that many foreigners, who questioned here, often wanted to get direct answers without showing the detailed information. just one simple question and one simple answer.
Does that come from the language (English) or from the thinking way ?

I don't think immigration officer made a mistake to give the information.
they explained COE and status change, probably in turn. the listener just satisfied when getting the first information, and did not listen the whole explanation.
Japanese language is constituted of ‹N(beggining)³(following)“](changing)Œ‹(conclusion).
you have to listen to the end, if you want to get a complete information.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse of Japanese National waiting for COE 2017/4/26 12:45
I've received my COE today right after 1 month and 3 days, I'd like to know what is the next move?
Do I have to go back to my home country and apply for the visa from there or it can be done from here too.

Please share your valuable feedback
Arigato

Re: Spouse of Japanese National waiting for COE 2017/4/26 16:42
http://www.juridique.jp/visa1.html

Go to "change of visa status".

30 seconds with google.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse of Japanese National waiting for COE 2017/4/27 00:56
I'm getting so confused about the documents required there are a lot of different kinds of informations on the internet I'm not able to undestand.

Can you guys help

Re: Spouse of Japanese National waiting for COE 2017/4/27 01:13
Your wife is Japanese, there is even an English helpdesk at Shinagawa immigration office
Instead of relying on information here why not go to immigration and get right information this time
Ask them about both options - change of status and getting visa stamped outside the country

They have list of all documents for all cases
by .... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse of Japanese National waiting for COE 2017/4/27 17:09
So you got your COE, congratulation.
Just go to the Immi and as for change of status with the COE and whatever doc required by Immi for the Change of Status.
People on the net, forum will tell you based on what they experienced or hearsay, but final say is upto to Immi. You cannot argue with Immi based on answer you get from forum.

So as other mention, do yourself a favor and go to the Immigration ask for the correct information.

Re: Spouse of Japanese National waiting for COE 2017/4/28 20:38
You need to go to immigration and apply for a change of status.
by PsyGuy rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse of Japanese National waiting for COE 2017/5/9 10:26
Thanks allot for your valuable response may I know how long would that take, I mean the after applying how long does it take to get the residence card.

Re: Spouse of Japanese National waiting for COE 2017/5/9 12:44
Serious just go to the immigration or call. They can tell you how, what or estimation of time it takes.
I guess you did not do your homework, or just don`t take effort.
by justmyday (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 22

1 2
next

reply to this thread