Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Lake Kawaguchiko Day Trip 2017/4/17 20:47
Hi,

I am intending to visit Lake Kawaguchiko, the kachi kachi ropeway too in May. Can someone help me with planning of a half day itinerary? Greatly appreciated, thank you!!

Gina
by Gina (guest)  

Re: Lake Kawaguchiko Day Trip 2017/4/18 14:46
Assuming you are starting from Tokyo/Shinjuku, you take the train to Otsuki then to Kawaguchiko. You can walk from the station to Kachi kachi Ropeway station. There is a lake cruise pier right across the road from the ropeway. I recommend that (provided the weather is good). You get pretty good views of Mt. Fuji from the boat as it goes out to the middle of the lake.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6906.html

I don't know what you are interested in, but in terms of view, stopping at Shimo Yoshida to visit Chureito Pagoda on the way might be a good idea too.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Lake Kawaguchiko Day Trip 2017/4/18 15:02
If you can get yourself to Otsuki, then the 3550 yen ticket is the go. All unlimited travel on the Fujikyu Railway and the retro buses.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Lake Kawaguchiko Day Trip 2017/4/18 17:21
Hi all, thank you so much. I will be taking the highway bus from Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko. So the recommended places would be the lakes and ropeway? Any other locations there I can visit such as the museum or places for nice photos? Thank u!
by Gina (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread