Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How does artist visa work? 2017/4/18 02:49
Does it include writers writing in their mother language? Can I write and publish in my own language and country while living in Japan on artist visa or the artist visa includes only those who write in Japanese?
I've been searching for it all day and I didn't found anything about it so I'm asking here. Not sure if it's right place, I'm a bit lost to be honest.
Please tell me if it's not possible in any way, I'm still young and looking for my way to live life so I can missunderstand a lot of things. And sorry for my bad English, I know I need to learn more.
by Martina (guest)  

Re: How does artist visa work? 2017/4/18 16:40
Not going to work; you need a sponsor in Japan, and who's going to sponsor you for that?
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: How does artist visa work? 2017/4/19 08:10
I have no experience, but an artist visa is a type of work visa. A work visa implies that you are entering Japan in order to work. I highly doubt they would give you a working visa for something you can do anywhere in the world.

If you want to live in Japan and work there 0n a working visa, you need to do something that will benefit the Japanese society and economy - that kind of work. If somebody there wants to hire you they could sponsor your visa.

Or you could apply to be a student somewhere (and go on a student visa), but you'll need to have a certain high level of Japanese to study in university there. Unless you're applying to KCP, which is an immersive language school.

I wish you all the best in figuring life out! :) It's tough, but it unfolds if you keep going.
by essennagerry rate this post as useful

Re: How does artist visa work? 2017/4/19 09:29
To put it in a not shell, you need someone in Japan to act as a sponsor or an employer who will vouch and pay for your duration in Japan. You need them to apply for COE, which you will need together with other documents in order to apply for Artist Visa at Japanese Embassy.
You also need to satisfy certain criteria, degree or work experiences and others.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How does artist visa work? 2017/4/19 13:56
You also need to satisfy certain criteria, degree or work experiences and others.

Nope, "Artist" is one of six statuses of residence that have no degree or experience requirements (the other five are "Diplomat", "Official", "Professor", "Religious activities", and "Journalist").
by Firas rate this post as useful

reply to this thread