Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

kamikochi planning 2017/4/20 08:03
hi everyone,

Im planning to go to kamikochi, i will arrive at kamikochi at 09.05 and i will take the bus again away at 16.45 or 17.25

so is 7-8 hours enough to go from kapabridge to the north to Myojin pound and then from there back to to kapabridge to go south to taisho pound and then to go back to the bus terminal?

Or is this plan to crazy? thank you!
by zakaria (guest)  

Re: kamikochi planning 2017/4/20 10:43
That's plenty of time. But you might be able to get off the bus at a cafe/restaurant at the Taisho pond, check that out and then walk up through the wetland path near the river, and that will save doubling back. Dont walk along the road, it is a bit narrow and the buses hoof along.

The cafe at Taisho pond has awesome apple strudel - highly recommended!
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: kamikochi planning 2017/4/20 11:37

I visited Kamikochi a few years ago. Upon arrival I left my luggage at the hotel which is very close to the Kappa bridge, and started the hike at about 10:00 . I only managed to do the Kappa bridge to Myojin pound before arriving back to the hotel at 17:30. I was taking my time and having 20 min stop for lunch.
If you are planning to do both " north and south" on the day , rather than following your plan, it would be better to start your hike at Taisho pond ( get off at Taishoike bus stop, not the bus terminal ), and make your way to the bus terminal and do the round trip of Kappa bridge to Myojin pound and back to the bus terminal.
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6040.html

by shinji (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread