Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Wisteria full bloom estimate 2017/4/21 20:00
Anyone can help me to interpret the following link in Japanese that am I able to see full bloom estimate on 28Apr ? I try goggle translate still can't understand
http://www.ashikaga.co.jp/parkdayori/flower.php

Thank you for your help
by KHLee (guest)  

Re: Wisteria full bloom estimate 2017/4/22 13:57
You must have missed it. In the upper right corner of the webpage you linked is a drop down menu for language preference. I clicked on English and the entire page (and for that matter the entire site) reloaded in English.
by sjvacc rate this post as useful

Re: Wisteria full bloom estimate 2017/4/22 14:11
When u click the english it loaded the main page in english but the sub-page of the flower status is what the above still in Japanese.
by KHLee (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Wisteria full bloom estimate 2017/4/22 14:18
It looks like it was I who missed it - sorry. I see the page See What the Flowers Look Like is only in Japanese. If you have the google Chrome browser you can set the google translate page to automatically translate the entire page. If not maybe this will be useful. It looks like you may see at least two types of wisteria in bloom in late April.

https://www.ashikaga.co.jp/fujinohana_special2017/en/index.html
by sjvacc rate this post as useful

Re: Wisteria full bloom estimate 2017/4/22 14:41
@sjvacc Thank you for the link and will try the online translate.

Re: Wisteria full bloom estimate 2017/4/22 15:31
Whenever you see the word 見頃, that means "good timing for viewing," so it means their best, even if not the exact full bloom. So (starting from the top), as of April 22, the pale pink wisteria (top 6 photos) is getting into their best, the 7th photo shows the "shelves" of the pale pink one, 8th the pale pink wisteria bridge, and the purple wisteria (9 - 11th photos) will be getting into their best soon. The big wisteria 大藤 will get into their best in several days.

Some are getting into their best, some are about to, so in a week's time from the date these photos were taken, your prospects are very good I'd say :)
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Wisteria full bloom estimate 2017/4/22 16:35
@AK
You are absolutely lovely to provide such a detail translation. I will plan accordingly to visit on 28Apr as it is still 6 days away hopeful I could see the picture 9-12th also at least hal;h bloom.

I was there last year on 8May and it was too late for the pink colour only able to see the white.

Once again thank you.

reply to this thread